Car ramps for cars with stupid suspension

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Hopefully going to start into a few niggles I have with the M135i but it’s far to low for me to get my low entry jack into the central jacking point, any recommendations for some ramps that work well with lowered cars?

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
IMG_1832.jpeg

😉

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Planks would be easiest and cheapest. There are long plastic ramps I've seen too but tbh a plank is as good as anything!

ya can used old brake discs 😂
A plank of wood it is then! Well there is my next wood working project as I’ll need to make a little stepped ramp.

old kitchen work tops are the best to be honest

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Always thought the caravan leveling ramps would be better than blocks of wood just due to being lighter and having a hand grip in the sides. I've used wooden blocks for decades but they are heavy (3"×9"×18") and difficult to grab easily.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Always thought the caravan leveling ramps would be better than blocks of wood just due to being lighter and having a hand grip in the sides. I've used wooden blocks for decades but they are heavy (3"×9"×18") and difficult to grab easily.

I used a set of pavers for the MR2 but they were a pain in the hole and heavy. I like having specific stuff for certain jobs but if wood is the general consensus, that’s what I’ll go with.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I used a set of pavers for the MR2 but they were a pain in the hole and heavy. I like having specific stuff for certain jobs but if wood is the general consensus, that’s what I’ll go with.
Seen a guy on my FB asking the same. I see he bought ramps but still needed wood to make it up.
Screenshot_20240225_195544_Facebook.jpg

I've had this video saved but never got round to making them.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Seen a guy on my FB asking the same. I see he bought ramps but still needed wood to make it up.View attachment 426277
I've had this video saved but never got round to making them.

Any idea where these ones are from? I've a metal set which where perfect for the Freelander but the S4 and Cupra are to low for them. Those would make oil changes super easy.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Class I'll have a look, think I may have found extensions that hook onto the metal ones which would probably be better. Don't know I feel about lying under something held up by plastic the more I think about it 😂.
My brother lent me a pair of extensions and they were still too high

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Class I'll have a look, think I may have found extensions that hook onto the metal ones which would probably be better. Don't know I feel about lying under something held up by plastic the more I think about it 😂.

Absolutely no way. I just bought new jack stands that have locking pins after reading about a guy getting crushed after one failing, so no way would I be getting under plastic ramps.

Those wee ramps I got are great, they get the car high enough for me to put the trolley jack in the centre lift position and make life easy!