CAR SCAMMING CON...PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT.........

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BJ

Banned
I admire these scammers,I really do! 8)

Stupidity should be punished severely and these folks are doing a service to the community! ;)

It's like those Cardata eejits that no one has heard of but they have customers who must be psychic as I've not seen their advert anywhere!

Foreign lottery draws which need an upfront payment to get your prize! GENIUS! :laughing:

How about a share of a few million dollars of dodgy oil money from Africa! PMSL :laughing:

Given how easy it is to send out hundreds of e-mails even a tiny percentage of gobshites is a cushy way to earn a living! :lol:

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
i have 2 cheques here for 5k !!! i was selling a crx vti convertible on the various forums it wasnt in autotrader btw was asking 2750 usual **** i will give u full asking price and when the shipper comes to pick car up give him remainder of balance ... went along with it first cheque was a bank of scotland one but they mispelt the name the buyer contacted me 2 ask if i had lodged the cheque i told him no as the name was wrong a few days later a new cheque arrived recorded delivery !!!! this time a national irish bank cheque !!!! so as seamy says beware !!! was tempted to cash the cheque all the same just to see what happenned :lol:

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
have thought about it pablo but couldnt be annoyed with hassle with banks what about 1 of those cash a cheque places ?? could possibly get away with it there as u have no account :roll: :roll: 5k could come in handy a few weeks before christmas .....

Skillie

Just got a mail from a guy there in spain wanting to buy my car and offering to send a bank draft. Needless to say its a scam isn't it??

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Skillie said:
Just got a mail from a guy there in spain wanting to buy my car and offering to send a bank draft. Needless to say its a scam isn't it??

Definitely.

On a side note, as someone mentioned above, its not nice to get fleeced by these people but come on ................... you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to fall for it.

Lets pretend for a minute that paying by cheque without viewing or driving the car doesn't raise your suspicions. And the fact that they want to carry out a strange transaction process whereupon they pay you more than the car's worth also doesn't raise an eyebrow. And the fact that they don't haggle? Again, nothing to worry about.

You are still left with the fact that half these f**kers are in Spain, Holland, Saudi Arabia, Pluto, who knows. Who in their right mind is going to import a car from here to way over there, with the steering wheel usually on the wrong side? If it was a one-off collectors item .... maybe ... but a run of the mill everyday car which is readily available in their country anyway?

Anyone who falls for this needs a serious wakeup call.

Gaz

Skillie

when he sent the first mail and i saw he had a foreign name i thought straight away eh I don't think so then he got back to me making an offer. If he arrives on my doorstep with a bundle of cash he can have it if not then he can **** off!!

PrimO

RMS Regular
This is what i have done a few times, give them any old address (just make one up)...tell them to register the letter as you will not accept it unless you can sign for it, tell them this is to protect you as much as them, they'll always go for it....then let them pay the few quid to get it registered and forget about the ****ers and block their email address from your email server!

Bilal

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla Y
@ seamybaby55, m8 happened to me b4! When i was tryin to sell ma ps2 on amazon months ago, guy from holland was tryin to buy it, but wanted it sent to nigeria like wtf! stay away thats all i have ta say!!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
these are still doing the rounds. Got one this afternoon, email is as follows for anyone else who gets something similar:

Regards to your advert placed on the net for
sale,Which i am interested in purchasing and my local
freight company will be responsible for the pick up at
the location. I will like you to supply me these
details below.

1. It's present condition.
2. The least price with discount.
3. The pictures.

The payment method will be through a banker's draft.
Expecting your mail regarding this purchase...
Hills

Email address was sherryhill_trader@yahoo.com

raistlin

ryan_quiksilver said:
I fail to see the problem with that? As long as he pays you and the draft clears before the car goes, wats the problem?

cause the bank assumes it is the real deal and releases the funds to your account.

you send on the difference to the guy and he gets his cash.

a week later the cheque is returned to your bank as the issuer has never heard of the cust etc and they come to you as you have fraudulently obtained money from them.

so you are 2k down lol.
not nice

its not the car they after- its the cash,:mad:

PrimO

RMS Regular
I got another one of these last wednesday, i was selling a car for €7500 and when he asked the price i wanted i told him €9500 and he said ok and gave the same old crap about paying with a draft for €12750 and for me to return the rest, so i got him to post the bank draft to: Mr Ben Dover, PS NI, Strand Road, Derry!!!!:imp: Cupid Stunts!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.