Car transport England to NI

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Sent the MK2 over with Johnstons. Price wasn't any more than what it was bringing it over pre-covid. Don't know if that's because it's generally cheaper to send them over or what.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Aye Johnstons best for far £400 + VAT. McLaughlins were double that!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
@Robert has done a couple more for me in the last few months and tbh don’t even bother checking with other people anymore cause he’s always competitive and service is top drawer.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
I had the audi 80 brought over from Evesham to Belfast by parker transport for £360 last May

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I ended up going with Johnston brothers again. They are hopefully lifting it tomorrow. £400+vat. The cheapest by far, most I called were around the £700+vat

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I ended up going with Johnston brothers again. They are hopefully lifting it tomorrow. £400+vat. The cheapest by far, most I called were around the £700+vat

They are probably pricing themselves intentionally out of the job, private one off work is probably to much hassle compared to lifting 8 cars from an auction house to one dealer here. Only to have a customer complain they scratched a rim and want it repaired

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Most I tried seemed keen enough to lift it as they had the big lorries bar 1 guy who lifts 2 at a time. Just different pricing and margins I suppose

Jecks

RMS Regular
Anyone got a mobile number for Johnstons. ?
Any other recommendations for bringing a car back from the mainland. Next week preferably

Landypandy

RMS Member
Drives
SL E30 VX220
I've had a couple of experiences recently. I went with Harrons back in February as it was working out cheapest. Would not recommend.

Used Johnstons again last month and they were very impressive. Car delivered to door on smaller trailer (think they unload the transporter back at base), and pleasant to deal with throughout. I have used them before, as have family. All positives. They generally work out about 2nd or 3rd cheapest if you are asking for quotes from all the local operators.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Same here, I’ve only ever used Johnstons, some others were twice the price, car delivered to the door. A couple of others didn’t seem keen to do that and wanted me to meet them at the docks.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah, a couple of the quotes were up near £1k when I was looking!

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Some differences in prices I'm getting.
From £450+vat to £780+vat
Bloody vat
Try David Corr in moneymore. Was £400 last month for me
26F58F60-A7FC-466C-94C9-C209A9D37534.jpeg

Boksic

RMS Regular
I went myself on good Friday to Birmingham and sailed home overnight from Liverpool, about £280 home to Cushendun, flight boat food and fuel.

If the cars driving and you have sufficient insurance or cahones, it's still definitely cheapest to go yourself.

Definitely less stressful paying someone else to bring it. I'm surprised there's such a variation in price between operators though, I'd have thought the main price deviations would have been location over there and whether it's running or not (for getting it on trailer/transporter I mean)

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Rather than start a new thread, the father in law has asked if I'd know anything about bringing a tractor with loader home from Birmingham. Obviously different to cars but worth an ask. Any recommendations or even an idea to where to ask?

Thanks in advance