Carmad Jr’s Rare Vauxhall Viva Ha SL

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
so with a few days off i am working on the van and he started to grind down the spot/ plug welds on his front wings to get the front pedestrian guards / hockey sticks fitted

it’s not really fair on him when i am trying to figure something out and he is just watching 🙄

so a few days rubbing that down will sort him lol

IMG_1821.jpeg

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
ok he did that way fast than i thought he was going to so told him to do the other side 🤭

IMG_1827.jpeg

IMG_1825.jpeg

then he finished that so told him to start on the front wing that need a wee bit off attention 😂 that should keep him busy

IMG_1829.jpeg

IMG_1830.jpeg

IMG_1833.jpeg

IMG_1831.jpeg

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg

few more welds to finish up but i had to take him home he had the grinder going all day and my ears are ringing 😂

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
now the van is out off the way and we got the lights fixed

we moved this in to the middle off the shed giving us access to the driver side which had previously been tight to the wall and now we can get at the driver side engine mount and finish the steering

IMG_1869.jpeg

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
he owes me big time 🤦🏻‍♂️

the corsa vxr engine was going to be a lot off custom work even for me and the biggest nail in the coffin is the sump / oil cooler design

it’s in the way off everything steering / engine mount / down pipe ect ideally this engine is suited to a front wheel drive project

so he has talked me in to putting on his ever growing line off credit / slate an astra vxr engine that i had earmarked for another project 🙄

IMG_2025.jpeg

how am i gonna explain this one to his mum 🤦🏻‍♂️

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks right at home there 😁

It was only lying on the floor anyway, actually saves money using it 😇