Carmad Jrโ€™s Rare Vauxhall Viva Ha SL

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
@southsky sunrise you deffo dodged a nightmare with this turbo ๐Ÿ™„

so one off the small but annoying things holding us up turning this over is the banjo fitting for the turbo when carmad junior got it off our mate every thing was supposed to be included ๐Ÿ™„

we called at several hydraulic hose places and no one really had the correct thread 7/16th

now we had fittings that would go to the turbo and fittings that would go feed lines but not both

that wonโ€™t beat me ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_3154.jpeg

so as you can see any off the fitting we had are metric

IMG_3155.jpeg

now chopped in half

now i needed something to hold it straight while i welded it and i had tried a drill bit but i was worried that if i went too hard with the welder it would grab the bit

so up next home made lathe and a pencil ๐Ÿ˜œ

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3157.jpeg

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

and i also knew if the pencil got burn it would be easy the get out with out damaging the fitting

IMG_3160.jpeg

finished

IMG_3161.jpeg

and now in

IMG_3162.jpeg

trust me i am an engineer ๐Ÿ˜‚

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool

so one off the small but annoying things holding us up turning this over is the banjo fitting for the turbo when carmad junior got it off our mate every thing was supposed to be included ๐Ÿ™„

we called at several hydraulic hose places and no one really had the correct thread 7/16th

now we had fittings that would go to the turbo and fittings that would go feed lines but not both

View attachment 429481

View attachment 429482

now chopped in half

now i needed something to hold it straight while i welded it and i had tried a drill bit but i was worried that if i went too hard with the welder it would grab the bit

View attachment 429483

View attachment 429484

View attachment 429485

View attachment 429486

and i also knew if the pencil got burn it would be easy the get out with out damaging the fitting

View attachment 429487

finished

View attachment 429488

and now in

View attachment 429489

Well Mcivored ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4

View attachment 429481

View attachment 429482

now chopped in half

View attachment 429483

View attachment 429484

View attachment 429485

View attachment 429486

View attachment 429487

finished

View attachment 429488

and now in

View attachment 429489

Done well lad, good solution!! Just hope the weld holds!๐Ÿ˜ฎ I'm surprised you couldn't get a metric or imperial banjo fitting from somewhere though. Tried looking through Parker hydraulics, couldn't find any banjo bolts. Found these if they help

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
Done well lad, good solution!! Just hope the weld holds!๐Ÿ˜ฎ I'm surprised you couldn't get a metric or imperial banjo fitting from somewhere though. Tried looking through Parker hydraulics, couldn't find any banjo bolts. Found these if they help

yeah but the prob we have is no where open for the next few days ๐Ÿ‘ and we have a bit off time off so looking to move forward ๐Ÿ‘

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
up for a few hours this morning and hopefully getting the mrs outta hospital today ๐Ÿ‘ posting this up while we are waiting on her

we finally have the turbo in position with oil feed and water lines and boost senor / vacuums all done

finally we can move on to other stuff

IMG_3167.jpeg

and the wee man is on to brake flexi pipes

IMG_3164.jpeg

๐Ÿ˜‰

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
so as you now know it bent 8 inlet valves on the tuesday night before dubshed and i didnโ€™t want to spoil the surprise for anyone who was attending / hoping to see it if we didnโ€™t make it

so we had to completely rebuild the head install valves and finish it in two nights

we just made it with several smaller items not finished thanks to @Darragh for running round after us

c1c455eb-a0c0-48d7-931e-cbfa15351006.jpeg

a9d90241-17ce-4b39-91a5-ec63470b11a6.jpeg

we arrived at dubshed on the friday with other people getting their club stands ect ready

as we unloaded it off @Darragh โ€˜s truck we fired it up ready to drive it in to the hall

just then one off the dubshed staff noticed it leaking fuel

IMG_3192.jpeg

so we pushed it in to position beside @Ged โ€™s truck

here are some snaps from over the weekend

IMG_3198.jpeg

IMG_3209.jpeg

IMG_3226.jpeg

3d235edf-15d1-4e4b-9a2d-9990f1b42f1f.jpeg

IMG_3203.jpeg

what a weekend and what a show

IMG_3207.jpeg

the wee man and his sister really enjoyed it and we 100% will be back at some stage ๐Ÿ‘

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
That front mount looks the part

we know itโ€™s not exactly practical behind the number plate but so many people at dubshed had to take a second glance and with the big garret turbo hid well down the bay a lot off people didnโ€™t notice it was turboโ€™d ๐Ÿ˜‚

and the splitter that we made hides it a bit too and it has started to rust with the metal filings we put in the paint ๐Ÿ‘

althebass

RMS Regular
Drives
Model A Ford
we know itโ€™s not exactly practical behind the number plate but so many people at dubshed had to take a second glance and with the big garret turbo hid well down the bay a lot off people didnโ€™t notice it was turboโ€™d ๐Ÿ˜‚

and the splitter that we made hides it a bit too and it has started to rust with the metal filings we put in the paint ๐Ÿ‘
Some of the old cars in work have black mesh number plates with the letters stuck on - maybe you could do that?