Caught Speeding

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

avo5021

RMS Regular
and the court fine, dont carry any cash with you on the day! there are plenty of people being prosecuted for other offences on the same day and the half of them are scum and theives of some sort so will probably nick it from you lol

the court allows you something like 21 or 28 day's to pay your fine from the date of conviction, but your first few appearances will more than likely be adjournments, so basically you will have over a month from date of first appearance.

To be honest Andy you don't need any adjournments... the more adjournments you have the more it costs you in Solicitors fee's... best to get it done and dusted straight away o a first apperance as the Magistrate gives you credit for pleading at the earliest oppurtunity.. by doing this it gets you the maximum discount on any fine or penalty imposed...

As for payment of any monetary penalty that is entirely up to the magistrate.. prior to the court date you will have to fill in a form asking about your expenditure and outgoings, wages etc.. this is what the magistrate bases his/her opinion on. It is upto your solicitor to ask for extra time to pay fines if you want it or not..

Andy mac

OP
A
@ Bibby appreciate you thoughts on the "vascar" system but I dont think we fully understand the concept behind the distances etc....and as for the payment etc, I didnt bring that up....the fine isnt worrying me and payment isnt a problem....my only concern is my licence.

@Avo...I wouldnt adjourn court at all, dunno why bibby has factored that into this thread.....I couldnt see why the court would adjourn my case any way....

I just want to go to court and take the penalty deemed appropriate for my offence. Its the first time I have ever had any heat from the police in any shape or form and as for my licence, it is (or sorry was) whistle clean. If I do get a ban then I can totally understand the reason why, we all make mistakes, I just was caught making mine.

Thanks for all the advice.

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
As for payment of any monetary penalty that is entirely up to the magistrate.. prior to the court date you will have to fill in a form asking about your expenditure and outgoings, wages etc.. this is what the magistrate bases his/her opinion on. It is upto your solicitor to ask for extra time to pay fines if you want it or not..

When I filled in these forms I was advised to exagerate my expendidure, i left it that I only had £5 to spare per week ;) and only got fined £150

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
When I filled in these forms I was advised to exagerate my expendidure, i left it that I only had £5 to spare per week ;) and only got fined £150

That's not a bad fine for nearly killing someone and their dog with an electrified garage door :scream:

Chelle

RMS Regular
Drives
A35 AMG
Heres me watch
UTV

programe about people challenging the accuracy of speed cameras

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.