Caught without licence

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

VeeDubYa

Ok, my friends boyfriend got caught driving with the following, whats he looking at, best and worst case?

He's got no license (cos he's just finished a 2 year ban)
No tax / mot / insurance
He'd had three pints

ak

RMS Regular
Up **** creek without a paddle comes to mind!.. they'll probably give him a life time driving ban or a really long one as he's done it before, they'll almost certainly make him take his test again and probably a fine... not like they can give him points!

Sure if he's driving like that would it really matter to him if he got another driving ban?

Designated Driver

RMS Regular
he may actually face prison for drink driving while banned with no mot/tax/insurance! easiest for him is likely to be a 5-10 year driving ban.

soundz_good

Drives
Avensis T-Spirit
MAN14C said:

X10 its people like this that is part of the reason our insurance is so expensive, no doubt he was banned for a reason and he should get hammered - hope the police get more of these sort of drivers.

I hate people who think they have a right to drive, I have to pay for my car, tax, insurance, MOT, and try my best to keep my license clean. So if he thisks he is above the law then I am glad he got cought.

James206

RMS Regular
the three pints? does that mean he failed the breathilzer? or just warned etc!!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Three pints is surely over the legal limit. Anyway they'll more than likely throw the book at him.

Andy

Porter

RMS Regular
Cooper said:
Three pints is surely over the legal limit. Anyway they'll more than likely throw the book at him.

Andy

I WAS GOINGTO SAY HE WOULD LOOK THE BOOKS, THEY REMEMBERED HE HASNT GOT ANY TO LOOSE.

SILLY BUGGER

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
put him in jail hopefully and on Christmas day would be nice. Oh and put him in a cell with Bubba the necrophillic homosexual.

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
VEN©M said:
put him in jail hopefully and on Christmas day would be nice. Oh and put him in a cell with Bubba the necrophillic homosexual.

He'd get plenty of stuffing for dinner then? :lol:

Rus872k3

Drives
Pug 406 Hdi
My mate was caught with out a licence in a civic vtec, he got 6 points and a £200 fine.

but we think he got off easy

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
But this guy has been banned before and was drink/driving so he is ****ed.

How can you get 6-points if you have no licence?? I take it ur mate also had no insurance, tax or mot?? Therefore can easily be described as scum!!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
So no insurance and licence. Then you wonder why insurance for first time/young drivers is so high??

Sorry......that makes him less of a scum :roll:

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
right ****ing clampits, is your mate alright in the head?

drink driving etc. makes him no different from them other ar$eholes who are tearing up the city gta style.

ewok

RMS Regular
i know a person waiting to be called back to the court for sentencing and his lawyer said he will be looking at a 3 year spell in jail not nice

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
OK so we may not be aware of all the facts, take for example the porsche driver who was put away after supposedly racing with the motorbike and the biker died, and someone getting a £200 fine and 6 points for driving a car they had no licence/insurance for seems ludicrous.

I was told about an episode of Derry City Beat where the cops were having a nosey at an old fiesta (or whatever) down a country lane. Driver didn't have full licence, both driver and passenger failed breathalyser, car wasn't theirs, and all they got was a caution as the blood testing machine was on the blink. Small concelation the car was impounded, but I would say if it was me in the same situation, but in a fully legal car I'd be looking at court/ban etc.

Andy

Designated Driver

RMS Regular
It really depends on the cop in question I believe - some enjoy taking people down regardless and others have some wit! I've met both.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Oh indeed, there are plenty of dead on cops out there with plenty of common sense, but it just goes to show its luck of the draw.

Andy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.