Ceebl’s Estoril Blue F31 330d M sport touring

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
In a bid to be more sensible, following the demise of my daily, I have sold the c63 and bought a one car does all.

Remit was interesting but decent economy, good speakers, family friendly, able to tow track car occasionally.

I’d been digitally tyre kicking for a while but when this came up I had to go get a drive.

2019 F31 330d m sport touring. Shadow line pack with m performance kit in Estoril blue. Perfect.
Car has a few good options; pro nav, Harmon Kardon, black leather, HUD, Led headlights, did a deal for the CS style wheels too.

So far I’ve just been driving and enjoying, only plans in the next while will be a tow bar.

IMG_0891_Original.jpeg
B903B07E-F9BE-4A77-8CE2-06A3580D8CD7_Original.jpeg
3158A4C1-C080-4F4D-A403-EBEEE9D4B181_Original.jpeg
00308AC2-314A-43A3-BA38-4483C87958ED_Original.jpeg
IMG_0976_Original.jpeg
IMG_0975_Original.jpeg
IMG_0974_Original.jpeg
IMG_0973_Original.jpeg
IMG_0971_Original.jpeg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Looks great, ultimate all rounder. Did it come with the Shadowline wheels as well as the aftermarket ones?

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Lovely looking example. Has to be one of the last F31's before the model change too.

The LCI LEDs make the visuals on these in my opinion

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Been quoted about £400 for a fixed and £600 for a detachable towbar with installation.
Does that sound about right for prices?

Andy27

RMS Regular
Been quoted about £400 for a fixed and £600 for a detachable towbar with installation.
Seems a bit expensive, 3 years ago I paid £350 for a detachable on my F31, my dad paid similar, or a bit more recently on his Mazda. It was a company near nutts corner.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Seems a bit expensive, 3 years ago I paid £350 for a detachable on my F31, my dad paid similar, or a bit more recently on his Mazda. It was a company near nutts corner.
Were they called Nutts Corner Towbar’s by any chance?

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I gave around 400 odd just for a westfalia detachable for me f11 and still had to fit it myself afterwards

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

That’s about what I’ve been quoted any time in the past. Hence I always end up buying the kit and fitting it myself.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
@NickR do you remember where you got the detachable towbar fitted on your old one?

Great buy @Ceebl, fantastic all rounders, haven’t got tired of ours yet after 6 years

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@NickR do you remember where you got the detachable towbar fitted on your old one?

Great buy @Ceebl, fantastic all rounders, haven’t got tired of ours yet after 6 years
I can't remember if @pobmk4 fitted it or JW Service Centre. I bought the towbar itself from PF Jones as they were the cheapest at the time. The towbar before fitting was still £304 with the vehicle specific wiring kit.
Screenshot_20240307_211148_Gmail.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
How did you get the discount at PF Jones?! I usually wait for weeks any time I’m towbar shopping int he hope for 1 to appear, but have never even seen 1! Never mind such a massive saving as that!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
How did you get the discount at PF Jones?! I usually wait for weeks any time I’m towbar shopping int he hope for 1 to appear, but have never even seen 1! Never mind such a massive saving as that!
I haven't a clue....it was 7 1/2 years ago! :joy:

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Love those wheels. Wish I could get them in 20s 5x120 for the 5 series

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Not sure I fancy reps in 20s. Especially with the quality of the roads and unknown quality of rims. Going to try and put something aside for new wheels. Would love a set off bbs but not sure I could justify the cost

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
They're brilliant.

I was dead set on buying a Tesla Model 3 Performance and dealing with the inherent EV problems and limitations. 2 I had deposits on fell through and I fell over a 17 335d Xdrive estate with loads a kit and a towbar, the heated steering wheel was sadly a big attraction TBH after my Leaf had one.

I think the only thing I'd like to change it to is a 340d touring or a fresh X5, both would need a lot of extra money added so I'll keep this one.

DSC_3427.JPG