Change of ownership...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Right, most of you know I brought the VTS back from england about a month back there, sent off the relavent parts of the v5 from the guys house etc. However, yesterday got a letter in the post saying 'Thank you for your recent notification of export regarding the above regestration mark' blah blah, 'I regret that there is no further document that i can issue until the vehicle is returned to Great Britain and re-registered at one of our local offices' What the??? Im only taking it to Belfast, not friggin' Hungary. I called up yesterday and said that this does class as export taking it to Northern Ireland and it needs to be reregistered at coleraine. Ok i can do that, but.. is this some new thing? How come you see plenty of english reg cars over here?

cheers

Harry

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
harry ill ask my gf's bro - he got a mg tf from england - still an english reg plate

if not u can come visit me in coleraine :p

raistlin

yeah wit the V5 comin in apparently it counts as permanent export from GB to N.I an vice versa

I only know cause when i sold the audi i had to make sure part 8 or 9 was sent off.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
When i bought the golf in England - (August 2003) I received a certificate of export - As far as I know its the way its always been as we have the DVLNI were the mainland has DVLA.

You can still keep the english reg etc. Harry but you have to go to Coleraine and fill in all the relevant info as if ur registering the car for the first time.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
my friend recently bought an mg zr over from england (was at the mallusk photoshoot) his still has an english reg n all ill ask him and see as well

pablo

RMS Moderator
mate - done this recently - just bring the lot to the local DVLNI office and they will sort it.

you have to tax the car at the same time tho so i usually wait till the tax runs out.

you can also ask for an NI reg too if you want.

Harry

RMS Regular
OP
Harry
Drives
V8
aaah, sorry just confused me. Will do that, wheres the nearest dvlni office? Thought there was one in Belfast, no?

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
its moved to ormeau road . basically the street where the limelight is , go out onto ormeau road , and its a new development on left hadn side-nightmare to get parked though as its a clamping zone
and harry-i did this with the mini 2 weeks ago
i recieved a permenent notice of gb export- if u bring it to the dvlni as said , theyll issue u with a dvlni log book in post within a few weeks
nothing to worry about
Matt

Ruth

RMS Regular
Is it true that if you register the car on the english reg to NI, the registration can never be changed after that?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.