Changing headlight bulb

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

therock

RMS Regular
Okay, so my driverside headlight has popped.

Not sure if its fuse or bulb, but i've just decided to change it anyway.

How would i go about getting actually inside the headlight, as the MR2 has popup's, obviously.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
on my MR2 i had to pop the lights up, leave them up, unscrew the housings and take the bulb out that way!

absolute pain in the ass!
golf was nearly as bad, unless you had wee hands like a girl!

therock

RMS Regular
OP
T
Leave them up? they are off?
They only stay up if i have left the dipped lights on, having turned normal headlights off.
Surely that means theres still a charge running through the lights?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
if you flick the switch round one notch and flash your lights, they will stay up... no need to disconnect your battery.

also how you do the lazy eye look ;)

therock

RMS Regular
OP
T
Already have that! Not too fond of it, looks a bit tacky i think. Doesn't run with the lines of the car, got the H4 bulb anyway, will give this a blast when i get a nice day

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Headlights are getting more difficult to chage now-a-days. The Corsa needed the bumper to come off, then the lighting unit removed before you could even start changing the bulbs.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
smick: Facelifted C with the projector style lights. Effing nightmare. I sold it with the 80Ws in it, wasn't going through all that again to put the 55s back in. :grinning:

therock: you'll probably find the other bulb will blow soon - mine always go about the same time. So, worth getting a pair of bulbs and doing them at the same time.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.