changing insurance over to lower group....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
depends on the value of the lower group car, if its worth more, it could stay similar, or go up!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Erm phone your insurance company. Insurance groups can sometimes mean nothing when getting a quote.

Gambit

RMS Regular
they'll probably come with a spoof saying their is an admin charge for changing over (£10 on elephant, not sure about others)

but because u are going down to a lower group car they'll probably waive the charge and leave you thinking your getting a good deal, when in fact they are probably making themselves a bit of money

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
When i changed my policy through Hughes and Co. to a group higher they never charged me. During the year i changed to a couple more cars with less residual value and lower groups and they refunded me money even with 2 months only left on the policy at the time of change.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
some places charge stupid money to change over....some dont charge at all...when i changed from Si astra to sri corsa got 150 quid beack :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.