changing jap spec to uk spec

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RGC_Clio

can any1 tel wot exactly has to b done to change my mr2 tubo in2 a ukspec to get it thru the mot? i no that it needs a rear fog light and the clocks hav to b changed from kmp to mph and sumfin about the tyres that ther not legal for r roads! and people r tellin me that it has to go thru a special mot that can only b dun in mallusk becuz its never bin driven in the uk before. is this true? thanx

pablo

RMS Moderator
aye once it enters the UK it has to do an SVA test which is a harsh MOT. depending who you bought it off this may be already done but doesnt sound like it.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I have a speed converter to change the reading to mph for sale! :laughing:

Andy

Maxer

clocks should be reading in mph and calibrated correctly.rear foglight added.Lose the jap tyres,they dont meet the spec.Addition of side repeaters,jap mr2's dont come with them.If your flair is still by the passenger footwell take it out,they will fail you for it.As ballsoutracing said no SVA needed and can be MOT'd at any centre.

PrimO

RMS Regular
the road warning safety flare...its about 8" in lenght and red in colour. Its used to alert oncoming cars at night in the event of a breakdown or crash etc. Its usually fitted into a bracket in the passenger footwell on the left kick panel.

JDM tyres even though most are way better than anything we get here dont have the E (european) mark on them and will be failed because of that, no matter how new or good quality they are. Thats one thing we have as an advantage in the south, so long as the tyres have the speed rating and are all the same size they'll pass. I got through my NCT with Advan Neova AD07s no problem :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.