Charge for detailing? You MUST pay to post

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Unfortunately this section is being overrun by people simply using Rms to promote their business. If you are one of these people you MUST get in touch with me about a paid RMS trade account. It starts from a miserly £20 a month and helps keeps the doors o this place open.

If you don't want to sign up that's fine, but if you continue to promote your business on the site you will simply have your posts removed and account suspended.

Sorry to sound like such a moan but people are taking unfair advantage of this section.

Thanks
Andy

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i have paid my dues , tho as little as i make i always like to share my knowledge for the greater rms community after all it is the members who make the site worth while ,

-Pete-

RMS Regular
youre going to drive members away with this cooper. where do you draw the line in people showing their work and those that actually make any money?
if someone does a relatives car for free and posts it, is that a problem? how can you prove otherwise?

time for a blanket ban on all detailing threads to avoid the grey areas eh unless they pay you to do so.

maybe its time to bring it in across the board with mechanics and people pimping companies, suppliers, shops etc.

good luck policing it all.

to those that might read this.... go to detailing world and post your cars and hard work for free to those that appreciate it

ill await this being deleted...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
well I personally think it someone posts up say 2 cars a month, or clearly states that it's not a family car etc then that's blatant that they are "trading" in the detailing field ?

EG. if i cleaned my car or a mates car it'd be once in a blue moon so i'd not even be posting images in car care, i'd merely be putting a members car post up after a good scrub

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
nothing wrong with detailing your own car and putting the threads up....im pretty sure people will appreciate it

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
youre going to drive members away with this cooper. where do you draw the line in people showing their work and those that actually make any money?
if someone does a relatives car for free and posts it, is that a problem? how can you prove otherwise?

time for a blanket ban on all detailing threads to avoid the grey areas eh unless they pay you to do so.

maybe its time to bring it in across the board with mechanics and people pimping companies, suppliers, shops etc.

good luck policing it all.

to those that might read this.... go to detailing world and post your cars and hard work for free to those that appreciate it

ill await this being deleted...

x2 i agree fully but to be fair i understand why this has been brought up , mainly me . i agree fully in the case of showing your work if you are a dealer/detailer but im not and i do it as a hoby ok i get paid (very little ) and dont rely on it as an income , but promotion of your business is advertising and advertising has to be paid for , however the majority of the cars i do are friends and family

beer token ferrett me!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
i understand and agree the site has to be paid for but there's already a ream of sponsors who take up half the forum board and we have their ads along the top.

is that not enough sponsorship to keep a forum running... i would have thought so.

graham, what you're saying is a nice idea but again, where do you draw the line ???

im such a generous person I will do all my cars for free from now on. im just giving some joy back to the community.

can i post all the cars i want now? how can you prove otherwise?

this may come across as stirring it up and so be it, its meant to be provocative because i know a lot of forum members will be thinking the same thing.

its your site, run it how you like. the drift car must be in need of some new parts. tell us about it in "the blog"

:Y:

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i feel some points coming pete lol , check out my sig

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On another note, I didn't even realise RMS had a "Car Care" sub forum until I seen this thread lol

-Pete-

RMS Regular
its text book revolution nige! ;) speak up against the regime and be smighted for your insolence! :laughing:

lol@ graham !

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
i understand and agree the site has to be paid for but there's already a ream of sponsors who take up half the forum board and we have their ads along the top.

is that not enough sponsorship to keep a forum running... i would have thought so.

graham, what you're saying is a nice idea but again, where do you draw the line ???

im such a generous person I will do all my cars for free from now on. im just giving some joy back to the community.

can i post all the cars i want now? how can you prove otherwise?

this may come across as stirring it up and so be it, its meant to be provocative because i know a lot of forum members will be thinking the same thing.

its your site, run it how you like. the drift car must be in need of some new parts. tell us about it in "the blog"

:Y:

Site sponsors pay to advertise their business...ie, what they make money from. You make money from cleaning cars - what makes you different to the other sponsors....apart from the fact you advertise for free??

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
shows how much car care he has in his system lol,,, someone has to teach the greater rms posse how to have their cars nice for a photo shoot

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
It is the people posting their photos and tips have made this section what it is. Cooper, Gaz and Pablo all disagreed when we asked for a dedicated section for car care. How many threads/posts/views are we up to now?

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Site sponsors pay to advertise their business...ie, what they make money from. You make money from cleaning cars - what makes you different to the other sponsors....apart from the fact you advertise for free??

dont get me wrong andy , ive done one car that has been from rms im not saying you shouldnt pay for advertising just that i have a good customer base through friends and family without this site and it doesent warant advertising as again its just a hobbie but if i have to pay a small fee then so be it ,,, as i already have

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
It is the people posting their photos and tips have made this section what it is. Cooper, Gaz and Pablo all disagreed when we asked for a dedicated section for car care. How many threads/posts/views are we up to now?

seems that way , and if thats the case then there shouldnt be this section ! just a link to a car cleaning wesite

-Pete-

RMS Regular

i dont make money from cleaning cars, i also dont do it for a living so those two things alone make me very different from the businesses paying to advertise.

nige has put it well and agree with what he has said above.

any cars i ever did where through friends and family, not through any revenue generated through the site. as i said, for all you know they where all done for free too!

oh and you dont think theres any profit made from the fees people pay?... please

(y)

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
i dont make money from cleaning cars, i also dont do it for a living so those two things alone make me very different from the businesses paying to advertise.

nige has put it well and agree with what he has said above.

any cars i ever did where through friends and family, not through any revenue generated through the site. as i said, for all you know they where all done for free too!

oh and you dont think theres any profit made from the fees people pay?... please

(y)

i never said that i believed there was no profit from fee's...tbh, I dont care. Claiming the money is building coopers drift car isnt going to win you any favours.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
why would i want any favours? and are people that sensitive that they cant take a single line of ribbing? we shall see in due course im sure!

i dont come to any forum to "win favours". maybe thats what you do? or thats your idea on a forum?who knows

i know i come to a forum to exchange thoughts, opinions, agree,disagree, maybe even argue a bit and have some craic, exchange info and advice etc etc etc. not get charged because i put up a few pictures because someones so worried that people are getting free advertising

membership fees for everyone might just be the way forward then if the forum costs so much to run these days. also might create a bit more freedom in threads.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
id have no problem paying an annual fee - most sites do it now anyway!!

and yes, I have been using RMS for 8yrs (longer if you include the MK1 RMS) to win favours (y)

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Cleaning my car for squat? nice one pete, the seats are stinking.

no problem, just giving back to the community that has given so much :laughing:

i dont know or use any other forums that you have to pay for? then again i dont use that many. oh dear

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.