Charging issue

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Had an EO mini 2 installed in my garage last week and it won’t initiate charging on the Hyundai Ioniq.

The wall unit seems to be operating correctly (blue pulsing led when disconnected and green when connected) but charging won’t initiate.

The car charges fine with the granny charger.

I did a test on the lead that came with the car and there is no continuity on the PP pin (proximity pilot pin for pre-insertion signalling).

Is this normal?

Going through a process of elimination at the moment so can’t rule out a faulty Hyundai cable.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Can you take the car to a public charger and try the cable there?

Haven't got my card for the public chargers in the post yet but it does work ok with the granny charger so that rules out the car socket being faulty.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I was just thinking you could try the public charger as it will tell you if your cable works.

you can download the ecar connect app and start the charging from the app if you wanted to try it before getting the card delivered.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Has the charger at the house been tested yet? I had a similar problem and it was the house charger. There's a sensor built into them to prevent overloading and it wasn't working properly. Rang the provider and they deactivated the sensor and it immediately started working.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Haven't got my card for the public chargers in the post yet but it does work ok with the granny charger so that rules out the car socket being faulty.
I only use a ecarni charger very occasionally but I don't seem need the card at all.
I got the card ok, but don't seem to need it. Just rock up and plug in. Huh?

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Has the charger at the house been tested yet? I had a similar problem and it was the house charger. There's a sensor built into them to prevent overloading and it wasn't working properly. Rang the provider and they deactivated the sensor and it immediately started working.

Not yet other than the basic checks. I used my cable at a public charging point today and it's working fine so it has to be something to do with the charging point.

I only use a ecarni charger very occasionally but I don't seem need the card at all.
I got the card ok, but don't seem to need it. Just rock up and plug in. Huh?

Any of the EcarNI points I've been to have the ports covered by an automated sliding cover.
I have since found that if you don't yet have a card they will remotely open them for you when you phone them and give them the location code.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Not yet other than the basic checks. I used my cable at a public charging point today and it's working fine so it has to be something to do with the charging point.

Any of the EcarNI points I've been to have the ports covered by an automated sliding cover.
I have since found that if you don't yet have a card they will remotely open them for you when you phone them and give them the location code.
Oh yeah, I'm using these ones for the chademo, that's maybe the difference. You just hook up and hit the button.
1617310392773.png

mattyc

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Can you reduce the charge current via the car? I had to adjust on the model 3 so it wouldn't overload the garage circuit.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
All sorted now.

Opened up the meter board and shut off the charging point via the SPD.

Rebooted it and away it went.

142CC0D5-2A90-4FEC-95BD-14D1973F11EF.jpeg