Cheap car wanted

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
After something cheap and cheerful to do my mum for a couple of months until her new car comes in March. Not much in the way of requirements just needs to be relaiable as she'll be using it to go up and down to the royal for hospital apps. Whats out there..? @southsky sunrise you got anything at the min mate?? Thanks

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I've been looking something really cheap (i.e less than £500) for about a month now and there's absolutely nothing about.

chapletown

RMS Regular
OP
chapletown
Drives
G20 M340i X
F*** me surely there has to be something out there..? Im not looking something cheap cheap, anything up to 2k mark. Just needs to be something relaible.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
F*** me surely there has to be something out there..? Im not looking something cheap cheap, anything up to 2k mark. Just needs to be something relaible.

There's a wee Toyota Starlet on gumtree £1k, 63k miles, 5 door??

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Register for Copart 100 quid for the year and check the saintfield site. You’ll get 10 year old cars needing a headlight or scuff on the bumper for handy enough dough

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
A mate was talking about selling a 1.0 Corsa. Would definitely be well below £1k, I can ask him if its still available? No MOT on it though the last time I spoke to him.

Wilseyvr6

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3 VR6
Hi,
I have a 2000 Polo 6N2 with 61k miles, 5 door with sunroof. It was my brothers, there is a bearing noise in gearbox, oil level is ok, all gears selecting as they should and no clutch slip its been like this for months and could certainly last for many more. He wants £400 otherwise it will become a second car/workhorse
20211212_221515.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@chapletown his wife has decided to hold onto it for a bit longer as a spare car in case the son has to come back from uni to study from home again. Sorry bud.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Pretty sure he meant, where can he view it in person.
Spot on :joy:
🤣🤣 sorry.. a stupid moment there. Car is sitting in my house beside the Redcastle hotel (10 mile over the Muff boarder)
Ok cheers - I'm supposed to get the M3 back today or tomorrow so once I do I'll give you a shout depending on how much it's going to sting me... Is there MOT on the car?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I’m very tempted by the polo for a dog and mtb transportation solution but I don’t really have a spare £400 knocking about 🤣 wonder if my insurance would let me add a second car 🤔

Jonesy

RMS Regular
May be a quick fix for someone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121_145432_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121_145432_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20220121_145430_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121_145430_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 88

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I've a pretty nice MG ZT diesel saloon in Trophy Blue with MOT until the end of October, that will be up for sale probably late next week at £1295.