Civic Type R FN2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Phil.A

RMS Regular
Drives
'09 Honda Civic
Some of you may have read my thread a while ago on what car to go for around £10-12k and I had considered a few different options. One of those was a FN2 Type R. I've always been a Honda fan and enjoyed the cars and combined with my Dad having owned now 16 Honda's in his life you can see where I get it from.

So along came this car then, I picked it up lower than my budget and am really pleased with what I got for the money. The car was owned from new by a female who worked for Honda so it has been very well cared for but has a few kerb marks on the wheels etc. Its a 2008 Night Hawk Black Civic Type R GT with the 19' Rage Alloys, picked it up with only 33k miles, all the usual GT pack stuff Auto light and all that. The car really hasn't seen much use. I haven't taken any proper photographs of it yet but will at some point soon and update the thread.

As for plans for the car, wheels could do with a clean up but not sure whether to clean them up or just buy a set of 19' OZ Ultraleggera's, always loved them and thought they would look good on the car. Otherwise in the plans department maybe a Milltek catback at some point and not really sure what else to do.

For now I'm just driving the car and enjoying it! :grinning:

14981779964_5905fd0beb_b.jpg

I will update soon with more pictures...

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
As I said before, lovely car mate.

An intake really livens up the noise of these. Obviously exhaust too would be nice.

Personally I've never been keen on the rage alloys though.

Good luck with it. Will keep an eye out for you as you're not far from me.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
welcome to the fn club . im really enjoying mine atmo . tho i do prefer the rages to the 18s so im currently looking someone to swap me lol .. have to admit tho my scorpion exhaust sounds nice not too loud on normal driving

cluggo

RMS Regular
Drives
F80 M3
Know the previous owner of that car was well looked after and they didn't use it that much at all

Boksic

RMS Regular
Same as my own bar the wheels. By the looks of things someone's put an ep3 type r grill badge on yours too.. The R's are different between the older ones and ours. The old one has more of a flick and new one is more 'bold' if that makes any sense..
I've a spare middle pipe with resonator removed and a standard back box here if you're interested. And my own car with same pipe on it so you can tell if you'll like the sound or not.
Health to drive!

Boksic

RMS Regular
For reference..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415585210264.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415585210264.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 89
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415585218410.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415585218410.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 91

Phil.A

RMS Regular
OP
Phil.A
Drives
'09 Honda Civic
Same as my own bar the wheels. By the looks of things someone's put an ep3 type r grill badge on yours too.. The R's are different between the older ones and ours. The old one has more of a flick and new one is more 'bold' if that makes any sense..
I've a spare middle pipe with resonator removed and a standard back box here if you're interested. And my own car with same pipe on it so you can tell if you'll like the sound or not.
Health to drive!

Yea spotted the badge was different to what it should be, will replace it soon as the R is faded and more pink in it now. Mods wise it will be after winter before I do anything but thanks for the offer!

Phil.A

RMS Regular
OP
Phil.A
Drives
'09 Honda Civic
Update at last of it properly cleaned...
Collected the car tonight from PMG after the Hydrophobic offer getting a full paint enhancement etc, really well pleased with the results and how it is looking now
At a bit of a cross roads on whether to sell the car or not, just have a feeling for something with more power etc...

16240530945_4104126cc5_z.jpg

16054675317_8ecec65779_z.jpg

Went round to Titanic to shoot some proper pictures after, will update tomorrow with them!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Update at last of it properly cleaned...
Collected the car tonight from PMG after the Hydrophobic offer getting a full paint enhancement etc, really well pleased with the results and how it is looking now
At a bit of a cross roads on whether to sell the car or not, just have a feeling for something with more power etc...

16240530945_4104126cc5_z.jpg

16054675317_8ecec65779_z.jpg

Went round to Titanic to shoot some proper pictures after, will update tomorrow with them!

Nice looking motor!!!

Good looking Evo in that last pic @AIRFORCE1

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Looks really well esp after the clean. It's hard to know what to go for to get more power. I loved the fn2 as you could drive it easy and then have a fun blast every now and again.

Phil.A

RMS Regular
OP
Phil.A
Drives
'09 Honda Civic
Yea, I only drive it at the weekend, but I think I would prefer a boosted car...into the VAG scene quite a lot and go to some of the mainland shows, friends drive VAG cars as well so sorta makes sense to go for something along those lines....

J55NI

RMS Regular
Looks well after the Paint enhancement , I viewed this car when it was for sale few months ago :grinning:

Phil.A

RMS Regular
OP
Phil.A
Drives
'09 Honda Civic
Yea , ended up buying a Mk5 golf GTI :grinning:

A car I probably should have bought ha, Car is going up for sale and going to go for a GTI or Leon Cupra...
Had my heart set on a GTI but ended up buying this instead...

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Personally I would keep the civic over a gti golf as it seems everyone has them at the minute ( probably same with the civic though lol ) go for a Cupra. Give it a week or 2 and @ferrett will have his for sale.

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
I know other people who have changed to VAG after fn2 Type R. I had mine for 15 months and it didn't compare to my superchargered JCW Cooper S. Honda didn't handle as well, slower, not as built as well and the parts where scandless compared to BMW and MINI.

I needed a bigger car and the ctr did the job

Last edited:

Phil.A

RMS Regular
OP
Phil.A
Drives
'09 Honda Civic
Car is officially up for sale, add in the classified and all the usual sites if anyone is interested in it or send me a message...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.