Classic mini cooper

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Black and silver plates on thanks to @Neil@rockvale

Have a new boot lamp on its way as the current one is tarnished. Then a nice fuel filler cap, a different grille and a rear cage should be here shortly too 😎

97818E34-6DB6-4863-B145-308012AEE561.jpeg

BD5791F5-E589-45F3-9F2A-3DCB34123C5E.jpeg

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Another mini, wouldn't be like you!:joy: .. That is absolutely class mate. Health to rally! (y)

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
It really is, it’s such an immersive driving experience but more so I have the confidence to tinker at a mini myself so I really enjoy that side of it too which is something I just can’t do with my other stuff.
Not had loads of experience driving minis, but what I have has been fun even without going fast, always seems to be an experience.

And you can't go too wrong with working on them.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
I’ve it and another one of my cars advertised, I don’t want to sell this one!

I need the space though, I had somewhere lined up to store stuff and it didn’t pan out. Need to get the fleet down to 4 cars 😞

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
He's as bad as our Blackie ffs...

Maybe those E36 lads were right about Pete being a trader 😂😂

Need any trade men? 👀

To be fair I have owned the 3 of the other cars for years! Two of which I’ll never sell. One I’ll likely sell once it’s back on the road lol

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
23635F08-EA28-4DEB-9178-16682BD6D6BD.jpeg

Couldn’t waste a day like that, might be the last spin out it gets until spring time next year unless we get another day like that.

Took a spin up to castelwellan then onto Newcastle and back. Full days ripping about for about £13 of petrol too is a hilarious novelty.

462FFEF0-76AE-4103-93B9-B89A4C16889B.jpeg

Tucked up beside the Porsche for another while at the end of the day.

Glad I seen sense and pulled the ads down. I’d say this will be another forever car.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
View attachment 412516

Couldn’t waste a day like that, might be the last spin out it gets until spring time next year unless we get another day like that.

Took a spin up to castelwellan then onto Newcastle and back. Full days ripping about for about £13 of petrol too is a hilarious novelty.

View attachment 412517

Tucked up beside the Porsche for another while at the end of the day.

Glad I seen sense and pulled the ads down. I’d say this will be another forever car.
That’s a great shot Pete. Such different toys, but so involving in their own way.

If you need somewhere to store down this way give me a shout… place I know out gilford where I used to keep our camper… 100% dry and safe

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
That’s a great shot Pete. Such different toys, but so involving in their own way.

If you need somewhere to store down this way give me a shout… place I know out gilford where I used to keep our camper… 100% dry and safe
Could you pm me details if you didn’t mind?

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
So some Christmas mini parts to fit 😎 another thing I love about these cars is I can have a go at fitting things myself.

Since I got the car I wanted to get rid of the hideous Union Jack rear lights

11369704-15A6-4375-B32C-6E51DB0FE749.jpeg
C64E11EA-22E7-49CD-9308-097BCBAAA58D.jpeg
7BE4F72E-28E4-445F-BE6C-66A7BC38238A.jpeg

I always preferred the look of mk2 rear lights. They are a little smaller than the mk4 lamps and I had to make a new rear loom to fit them. Petrol tank has to come out too, real faff getting it back in place. Then an Aston filler cap for the last little touch.

116E3927-8A1E-41EC-B1F0-CB4499BA41EC.jpeg

E340583E-1B7A-4C13-BC0C-660327A42538.jpeg
2C131213-E07B-4218-89A3-C9EFB2E32145.jpeg
E27F71C2-D743-4C6C-AC1F-6012FBF9F8EC.jpeg
F00B6397-D220-4595-8A8D-936878FBFF90.jpeg

Another little job done 😎

Next up is a few little bits of paint to sort and getting a rear cage done in body colour and fitted at the same time.

Then I can’t stop looking at engines 🙈 feels like overkill though. A louder and bigger exhaust, a stage 3 head and roller rockets will more than likely be more than enough and keep its reliability. Roll on spring so I can get it out for a drive again!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Looks great.

A nice older NI number plate should be on the shopping list to get rid of the English plate. Wouldn’t need to be anything special maybe just a 3 letter 3 number from around the year the car was new.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
So some Christmas mini parts to fit 😎 another thing I love about these cars is I can have a go at fitting things myself.

View attachment 421893View attachment 421894View attachment 421895

I always preferred the look of mk2 rear lights. They are a little smaller than the mk4 lamps and I had to make a new rear loom to fit them. Petrol tank has to come out too, real faff getting it back in place. Then an Aston filler cap for the last little touch.

View attachment 421896
View attachment 421897View attachment 421898View attachment 421899View attachment 421900

Next up is a few little bits of paint to sort and getting a rear cage done in body colour and fitted at the same time.

Then I can’t stop looking at engines 🙈 feels like overkill though. A louder and bigger exhaust, a stage 3 head and roller rockets will more than likely be more than enough and keep its reliability. Roll on spring so I can get it out for a drive again!
I'll admit I was looking at minis with big engine conversions a couple of weeks ago. @Mel would love a wee mini again, but I'd want it to be a bit mad if it was our weekend toy.
What were you thinking ?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
@CharlySkunkWeed id still be keeping it mini engine based so possible supercharged etc they just aren’t a mini to me with an engine swap lol
You sound just like Mel 😆.

My problem is I follow a guy on Instagram that has a WRX engine in his 🤯
Not that I'd ever go that far obviously but how cool would it be to have a wee mini but it actually be a rocket aswell !

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Mr Mrs Mini was bored out to 1293, head work, bigger valves, high comp pistons and high lift cam.

Looked standard, but went like an absolute rocket. Doesnt take a lot to make these things rapid and yet retain the standard look.

Last edited:

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW

View attachment 421893View attachment 421894View attachment 421895

View attachment 421896
View attachment 421897View attachment 421898View attachment 421899View attachment 421900

Mk2 lights look so much nicer with that colour!!