cleaning carpets

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

2002 Tii

Banned
whats the best for cleaning a car carpet (the main one)

to get stubborn stains out that look like they've been there a few years?

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
889616.jpg

2002 Tii

Banned
OP
2002 Tii
this isnt for a pet 'stain', just like a few oily marks on a car carpet?

baron

RMS Regular
What colours the carpet, if black we do a dye that can be applies to the carpet to restore the look and colour, takes years of it, or you can change any colour carpet you've got to black, and its cheap to, only £4.99 a tin

RCT

RMS Regular
If it's a red carpet like a 205 gti. Then what i did for mine was remove it spray on neat a/glym multiwash. Let sit and wash with a cloth and hot water. This method brought up both my red carpets like new. I removed the my white cars carpet as it was worse than the red one, so it's up to yourself? Then let the carpet sit infront of a big heater to dry.

2002 Tii

Banned
OP
2002 Tii
thats exactly what its for.:p

i'll get some of that Autoglym stuff next time im at halfords and give that a go. its hjust really a bit black round the bits in the carpet where theres holes for handbrake, etc.

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
I bought some halford generic carpet cleaner there a while back

lets just say it went in the bin soon after, - pish would clean the carpet better

2002 Tii

Banned
OP
2002 Tii
Had a go with AutoGlym Interior Shampoo today (couldnt see any multiwash like RCT suggested), it got small bits of loose dirt and light stains out after a lot of scrubbing but the stains are still there. 8o|

Bought the carpet off someone on the forum who said it was brand new from a Peugeot dealer ^o). I assumed it was just grubby from sitting in the garage but looks like its had many years of use after being on my hands scrubbing the stains on it for the afternoon. ^o)^o)^o)

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
the autoglym stuff isnt that good ...the turtle wax upholstery cleaner is the doggs ****..we use all the time

Ruth

RMS Regular
Had a go with AutoGlym Interior Shampoo today (couldnt see any multiwash like RCT suggested), it got small bits of loose dirt and light stains out after a lot of scrubbing but the stains are still there. 8o|

Bought the carpet off someone on the forum who said it was brand new from a Peugeot dealer ^o). I assumed it was just grubby from sitting in the garage but looks like its had many years of use after being on my hands scrubbing the stains on it for the afternoon. ^o)^o)^o)

Paccers do you know anyone handy who would have megs all purpose cleaner? Its great at shifting all sorts of stains, but comes in a gallon for £13 or so.. has all sorts of uses tho(y)

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
Can get all purpose cleaner from elite (Raby Street ormeau road) for about a tenner for a gallon. Found it to every bit as good as the megs APC. They also go apholstery cleaner which is brilliant.

Thought I was never going to shift the stains on a van seat I done but it did!

Driver seat done passenger not... not a great picture

DSC00166.jpg

2002 Tii

Banned
OP
2002 Tii
nah i can't think of anyone :worried:

i'm going to try this 1001 cleaner that neil205 suggests, i'm not sure the baking soda would be much good for this carpet.

me hands are numb from scrubbing today, not looking forward to doing it all over again :worried:

2002 Tii

Banned
OP
2002 Tii
Can get all purpose cleaner from elite (Raby Street ormeau road) for about a tenner for a gallon. Found it to every bit as good as the megs APC. They also go apholstery cleaner which is brilliant.

Thought I was never going to shift the stains on a van seat I done but it did!

Driver seat done passenger not... not a great picture

DSC00166.jpg
the stains on the carpet are more oil-like though, i can't think anything other than a good steam wash with heavy detergent would shift them :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.