Cleaning products

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rugrat

RMS Photographer
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
Saxo was sponged down when I got time. I want to take proper care of my new car ... so recommendations please! 8)

Jmax

RMS Regular
meguires - hot wheels
- steps 1, 2 and 3 polish

turtle wax - extreme

u really dont need much more

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
new sponge, new bucket, turtle wax car shampoo, cold water, decent chamois, house hold window cleaner, kitchen roll, mutten rag (100% cotten), silicon spray, decent vacuum cleaner !

thats all one needs to have a prize winner like the KA was :laughing:

rugrat

RMS Photographer
OP
rugrat
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
Graham said:
new sponge, new bucket, turtle wax car shampoo, cold water, decent chamois, house hold window cleaner, kitchen roll, mutten rag (100% cotten), silicon spray, decent vacuum cleaner !

thats all one needs to have a prize winner like the KA was :laughing:

That is what hubby has been using so far!! :grinning: Just wanted to make sure it was all covered.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
think thats it but if i can think of anything more i'll let you know, and DON'T let the kids near the car with sticky sweet and sugary drinks unless they are EXTRA carefull cause they are the worst things to clean from the inside.

rugrat

RMS Photographer
OP
rugrat
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
Graham said:
think thats it but if i can think of anything more i'll let you know, and DON'T let the kids near the car with sticky sweet and sugary drinks unless they are EXTRA carefull cause they are the worst things to clean from the inside.

Kids are powerhosed down and frisked before getting into car. They are allowed NOTHING in it. Colin drives an old wreck, so when they want to eat while travelling, they stick with him!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
autoglym, use their shampoo and red resin polish, they claim that their shampoo doesnt actually remove previously applied polish coats. so as the layers of polish build u get a deep shine.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
far too dear all that stuff, use galon's of trade stuff ;)

oh and jacqui, for polishing use concept pure carnuaba wax if you can find it anywhere if not then super resin is good for a shine as p 5ary said but it's wild dusty ! and a micropore polishing rag is good for waxing off !

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
um...

every once in a while i'd hit mine wit the auto glym super resin followed by the auto glym ultra gloss protection then meguirs carnuba wax stuff....makes for some finsih even on a 12 yr old car!!

dont forget some tire black...not finished if tires arent dressed ;-)

i use both concept trade stuff and the auto glym rubber cleaner gd stuff :grinning:

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf TDi
autoglym motorcycle cleaner is especially good for removing flies and insects from the front of your car, just a few sprays before you take the shampoo/sponge to it, works very well.

my brother uses:

TurtleWax Colour Magic Plus, Autoglym Paint Renovator, a/g Car Interior Shampoo, a/g Super Resin, a/g Extra Gloss, a/g Car Glass Polish, a/g Fast Glass, Meguires Carnuba Wax, Wonder Wheels and a few other things i cant remeber the name of. Oh and miracle metal cream.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
put a half-litre of break-fluid in the bucket along with your half-cap of car-wash fluid, it should help remove the extra-stubborn bugs!

(please don't though)

all the VC ever gets is turtle-wax car wash and autoglym polish with back to black for trim and tyreshine for the tyres.
graham used this funky cherry silicon stuff for the interior and it worked superb.

errigle

RMS Regular
dirk diggler said:
autoglym motorcycle cleaner is especially good for removing flies and insects from the front of your car, just a few sprays before you take the shampoo/sponge to it, works very well

Autoglym Interior Shampoo does it even better, few squirts of it and they disentegrate (sp) before your eyes :laughing:

Martyn

RMS Regular
Honestly?????? Autoglym i for the average motorist looking for average results.

The ONLY stuff to use on your car is either swissol ar zymol wax. But you will pay for it!!!

It will always leave you car with that wet - waxed look.

Have a look at:

www.swizol.com or

www.zdouk.com

Let me know if you need anything, I have a friend who gives 10% off retail prices.

The wax I use is concours. This stuff does away with all those daft looking sun swirls, and does not leave any powery residues.

Once you use it you will NEVER go back.

Rachie

autoglym is great! it gave bambam a whole new lease of life the first time i used it! he'd been neglected b4 i got my loving hands on him!

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I like Autoglym Super Resin Polish and their Vinyl and Rubber Care for the dash. I use trade shampoo and tyre dressing and have yet to find a good product for taking flies off the front.

Also rugrat I like your plan of not letting the kids eat or drink nethin, I will be the same if I have kiddos.

Baz C

Banned
Rachie said:
autoglym is great! it gave bambam a whole new lease of life the first time i used it! he'd been neglected b4 i got my loving hands on him!

do you use autoglym and your loving hands on jason as well chick?? :p

B1 MBO xoxo

Siilver

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo
doesnt really matter that much what you use
as long as you take you time and put the effort in
ur results will be gd

and if you do it as often as you can

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.