Clifford Alarm Fitting

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
spotted a clifford alarm on Ebay, wondering if anybody on here knows of anybody who could fit it? eg someone from a ice shop who does homers? :roll:

Murf

RMS Regular
Drives
st3 mk3 ecoboost
i know a guy who will fit it ;) he fitted mine & max's and loads of others i know.. not one bit of bother from them either ;)

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
depends on what model of clifford it is!!

I checked this out and ended up going for a new G5 650 with dual prox. from sp Micra as it was cheaper!!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I fitted a Clifford alarm to my mates car a while back.

Quite easy if you have the instructions but it did take us a while.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Murf said:
i know a guy who will fit it ;) he fitted mine & max's and loads of others i know.. not one bit of bother from them either ;)

whats this i hear you can get the blue clifford LEDs for £5? :roll:

errigle

RMS Regular
Lyons said:
Murf said:

Clifford never made Blue LEDS (only on the new G5 range)
iceman did mine and the just changed it from cliffords red to a blue one they supplied, £5 should be more like 50p

r16vka

RMS Regular
OP
r16vka
Drives
Audi 80 V6
was talking to suitor toniht there and hesaid to stay well clear of clifford, nothing but problems, suggested something like a toad. anybody any suggestions?

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have a Laserline 996V2 Cat. 1 in my 306 that I put in myself. It's a pretty good system and doesn't give me much bother - expect the odd time after the battery is taken out for a while and then reconnected the alarm seems to think it's funny to go all night long.

I can't really complain though, when the car was broken into it saved my CD player - went off as soon as the shattered glass went into the car.

As I said before, I put a Clifford in my mate's car and he wasn't that impressed with it. Too many buttons on the remote fob thingy - unlike mine where there's one to open it and one to shut it. We also had problems with the interior sensors - they didn't seem to detect any motion.

If I had to buy a new one I think I would try Toad this time although Laserline hasn't let me down.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I would definitely reccomend toad. The honda has one, as did my corolla before it and I know of several other toads in use that have never given bother. The cliffords seem to have more problems, or maybe we just hear about the clifford problems more!

Andy

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Richies in Ballymena on the ballymoney road, fit toad, reasonable with prices and all!1 Was gonna get one for my mum's fabia, but opted for clifford from iceman!!!

Getting someone to fit a clifford, i found was near impossible, no-one wanted to do it, iceman was gonna charge something silly, worked out nearly as cheap buying it off him!!!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
ive had no problems with my Clifford eventho the Ibizas' standard alarm can cause problems. However in saying that, it thpught it would be amusing to go off ever 30mins on the first night due to the timer thing on the boot light light-a simple relay sorted that problem and i have had no rpoblems since!!

MarkOne

RMS Regular
andy_gdon said:
ive had no problems with my Clifford eventho the Ibizas' standard alarm can cause problems. However in saying that, it thpught it would be amusing to go off ever 30mins on the first night due to the timer thing on the boot light light-a simple relay sorted that problem and i have had no rpoblems since!!

got mine supplied and fitted with sp micra! a clifford and like andy says the first night was hectic but a relay also sorted it out...never a problem since :grinning:

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
toad really good &reliable but think clifford is the 1 the thief in the fake burbury hat &nike air joy riders is most afraid off!!!

r16vka

RMS Regular
OP
r16vka
Drives
Audi 80 V6
marky said:
toad really good &reliable but think clifford is the 1 the thief in the fake burbury hat &nike air joy riders is most afraid off!!!
:p lmao!

think it may have to be the clifford, although my bank balance wants it to be the toad! :roll:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
errigle said:
Lyons said:
Murf said:

iceman did mine and the just changed it from cliffords red to a blue one they supplied, £5 should be more like 50p

:eek: £5 to get the blue light? never though of trying there actually

errigle

RMS Regular
Lyons said:
errigle said:
Lyons said:
Murf said:

All you need to do is cut off the red led and splice in a blue, the new Clifford G5's come with blue as standard now, should only cost the price of an led

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
andy_gdon said:
£360 for a a CAT1 Clifford G5 650 with Dual Prox. fitted, from sp_micra!

Excellent value

I've tried pm'n sp_micra about this before but got no luck?
Ne contact details andy?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
errigle said:
Lyons said:
errigle said:
Lyons said:
Murf said:

All you need to do is cut off the red led and splice in a blue, the new Clifford G5's come with blue as standard now, should only cost the price of an led

you'd think that, but i called this morning and they're £10-15

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.