Clio 2 Central Locking (issues)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Hi Fellas,

Need some general info. Been using the searh function for hours, and google etc, but cant get any specific information

Clio 2 - 2001 - RF Central Locking (Not IR)

- Central Locking works from inside the car (Using the Button on dash, both doors and boot lock ok)
- Key Fob wont open or close the doors (LED lights up on the key)
- When i put key in drivers door, central locking doesnt work either.

Ok. i have heard about this thing called the "UCH" which is expensive to buy from Renault and apparently cant be purchased from Third Part. How do i know if this is the problem?

I have disconnected battery, changed battery in FOB, still no luck

So.. Is the Remote central controled by a seperate transponder? Or the UCH or UHC? Also i have been told that the motor on the drivers door plays a part in this also..

So i have been told so much i dont know who to believe. Any advice is good .. Thanks in advance

whyme?

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk IV Golf
The UCH is up behind the glovebox. Usually disconnecting the two plugs on it and reconnecting them will get the RCL working again. If this doesn't work, the chances are the UCH is not the problem.
CLIP would be handy to see if the car is receiving a signal from the key.

ETA: Is this a Clio 2 Ph1 or Ph2?

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
hi, sorry only getting back to this now.

The clio is a Ph2. I have disconnected all 3 connectors that go into the UCH, still no RCL.
Tried locking the doors manually with the key on both sides, only the individual door locks aswell

So.. Would the UCH be part of the issue?

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
also.. I have tried to re-sync the Central locking.. pressing and holding button down on the dash etc.. Apparently doing this is meant to make the immobiliser light on the dash go solid.. Mine does nothing only lock and unlock the car

whyme?

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk IV Golf
Only the Ph1 can be re-synced using the button inside. The drivers door lock isn't a master solenoid and so isn't supposed to unlock the rest of the doors.
It certainly sounds like a UCH fault.
If you want to go the cheap route of fixing it, you can get a key, UCH and ECU off another, scrap clio and fit them to it. No programming needed.
However, make sure and get the chassis number of the donor car as you will need it to obtain any reprogramming codes in the future

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
If a new key etc is needed, does this mean that ill need to change the barrell of the lock in the steering column, or can i use my own key, but change the electronics?

Would plugging the car into CLIP throw up any faults with this to be able to 100% know its the UCH is the issue?

Right.. 1 more spanner in the works.. The boot lid etc was changed, and there is some cut wires in the boot lid. would anything like this force any Short circuits or anything with the central locking?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.