Clio 200 Cup vs FN2 Type R - opinions please

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Speaking of FN2's went to a Honda dealer to see about one 'didn't have any in stock' anyway long story short was told fn2's are 250bhp lol

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Thanks for the help so far lads. If it was my decision i would have the clio straight off, but he is still undecided, think my sister is having more of an influence (his wife), so hes going to look at another civic tomorrow, and the clio again tonight to help make a decision. Lol.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
clio for me every time colin . tho the look of the fn has me hooked . the clio by far the better driving car

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
My FN2 has 85k miles on it and I've had no problems with it and the seat are in still good condition, wearing well unlike other bucket seats I've had, like Alcantara Sparcos.

I've driven a Clio and it handles slightly better than a FN2 but I was looking for a bigger car with a big boot so the FN2 won it for me. I'm getting BC coilovers fitted tomorrow so that should help with the handling.

mi16chris

RMS Regular
Drives
210hp clio 182
The 17/82's are a fair bit tighter and more awkward, honestly don't know what all the fuss/horrendous labour prices are about with regards to the 197/200 belts.
Is right I work at a Renault dealer and we make no fuss for 197/200 belts there easy, 182/172s r much tighter and take much more time , we don't charge crazy money to do them , I think some dealers r just cashing in due to be being a rs model

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Well decision made and deposit paid, and he picks it up on monday all being well

He went for.........

The clio 200 cup. Ill post up some pics of it once he gets it.
Cheers for all the help (y)

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Try SERE Renault in Lisburn, good prices. Not that I'd be bias or anything.

Nice choice btw, knew the real winner would stand out when driving.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Try SERE Renault in Lisburn, good prices. Not that I'd be bias or anything.

Nice choice btw, knew the real winner would stand out when driving.
Nice one great cars to drive

Its definitely what sold it. He hadn't considered the clio beforehand, but he said yesterday he just fell in love with it once driving it, and his mind kept going back to it.

Cheers again

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Spotted a blue cup on the bog rd in lisburn today, was nice but i think i heard the loom melting itself as i drove past. :p

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Great choice, he won't regret it!! I LOVE mine!

Yours is great, great stance and colour, and love the spoiler.
He got it on monday, brought it to the house but i was servicing a friends car and didnt take any pics. My plan is to take it off him next year and plan my ring run with it. Lol.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.