Clio Pre-tensioners

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PhilG

RMS Regular
on the lookout for pretensioners to fit a 1998-2006 clio.

Need one from drivers seat, one from passengers seat, and an airbag control module.

Needless to say they must not have been activated. And i will want some kind out gaurantee from the seller that the control module has not been activated as i could not test it until i get it plugged into a car with a full working system.

Cheap as chips too :grinning:

PhilG

RMS Regular
OP
P
Nevermind just found a pair of pretensioners on ebay for £40 delivered.

Bargin considerin they cost £75 each from renault.

Still need a computer though, and im not paying renault £150 they want for one.

Cro

RMS Regular
you cant just buy another module iirc, it would need to go to renault who most likely wont programme it for your car, each module is individually tagged.there is a company in germany that resets the crash codes from your own module,links on ebay or check out cliosport.net

PhilG

RMS Regular
OP
P
you cant just buy another module iirc, it would need to go to renault who most likely wont programme it for your car, each module is individually tagged.there is a company in germany that resets the crash codes from your own module,links on ebay or check out cliosport.net

you can fit a module from another car as long as it hasn't activated any airbags/tensioners. Just plug it in the car that needs it and use the hand-held computer to turn it the airbag system and put out the light on the dash.

If the module has set off airbags before it will have run fault codes and will not work, unless you send it off to the company in germany to be reset. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.