Compressor

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PAULW

RMS Regular
Hi, Want to buy myself a compressor for a bit of painting and to run an impact, along with tyre inflation etc. This will be first compressor, so need the whole lot of compressor, decent length hose, impact and spray gun. Nothing crazy expensive as for occasional use and not everyday.

What would you recommend and have in stock?

Thanks Paul

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Yeah would have a good selection, most tank sizes in both belt and direct drive. I'd recommend at least 100 litre 3 hp (£235) for what your talking about but you could get away with 50 litre if budget dictates (£120ish).

To get into a 200 litre professional belt drive machine, staying away from anything chinese you would be in the region of £489. Take £100 off that for something chinese but I wouldn't recommend.

PAULW

RMS Regular
OP
P
Yeah would have a good selection, most tank sizes in both belt and direct drive. I'd recommend at least 100 litre 3 hp (£235) for what your talking about but you could get away with 50 litre if budget dictates (£120ish).

To get into a 200 litre professional belt drive machine, staying away from anything chinese you would be in the region of £489. Take £100 off that for something chinese but I wouldn't recommend.

Thanks. Sounds like i need to take a run over to you guys. Are you open late this week at any point?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Yes Thursday nights or Saturdays till 1. I'm out all week tho so if it suited you to wait till sometime next week tho that would be better.

I can fit you out with air hose/quick release fittings and various impact guns/tools from cheap to expensive.

Cheers

Simon

PAULW

RMS Regular
OP
P
Ok, thanks. Sure I'll wait till next thursday night. I'll send a message next week to ensure you're about

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Any details on the above compressor, priced changed any?

Still plenty in stock, the professional one comes with steel guards rather than plastic, cast cylinder liners etc. £489 all in. That's an rms only price.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
They were £599 but the factory is attempting a 25% increase so theres currently a mexican stand off that show's no sign of abating. They're good but not worth THAT much more than the sip pro.

Sorry for the million questions but what about Ingersoll Rand compressors? Price tag on these?

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
@lightning - any updated deals on compressors at the minute? Am in a similar position to the OP, just want something for tyre inflation, airgun, maybe some very light spraying in future and light air tools (tin nibbler etc). Would want something with a decent airline, tyre inflator, flexi hose, maybe a separate wall mounted regulator. Would imagine 20-50l would be more than enough for me?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning - any updated deals on compressors at the minute? Am in a similar position to the OP, just want something for tyre inflation, airgun, maybe some very light spraying in future and light air tools (tin nibbler etc). Would want something with a decent airline, tyre inflator, flexi hose, maybe a separate wall mounted regulator. Would imagine 20-50l would be more than enough for me?

No worries, a standard 50L will be around £120, be a decent branded machine Sealey/draper/sip etc. plenty in stock.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Hi Simon, I've an old 3HP SIP direct drive comp with a 50L tank but the bottom of the tank has let go due to rust.
Is it possible to get a new tank or even a larger volume one?
Cheers!

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Hi Simon, I've an old 3HP SIP direct drive comp with a 50L tank but the bottom of the tank has let go due to rust.
Is it possible to get a new tank or even a larger volume one?
Cheers!

Yeah have a 50l that the motor is dodge. Probably around £25?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
My dad can't recommend these guys enough for compressors and advice. He's bought all his compressors there and is forever down there busting their balls with broken ones (His get worked hard with no maintenance).

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
That sealey 50l is doing this job grand btw! Though it does spit a little oil around the filter and the fitting leaks a bit, maybe needs a slightly different fitting on the hose?

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Just a quick thumbs up to Simon @lightning , good to meet you, was sorted out with exactly what I needed and at a good deal. What a man cave that place is... I have 3 Christmases worth of Santa letters written in my head after 20 minutes upstairs!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.