Computer Question?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Does any body know were in your Comp you can change which programs open up when you turn it on, My new laptop is fine but with my old pc Ram is limited and I would like to stop limewire etc opening up at start up

Thanks, (and no I cant delete the programs of my pc and jus use them on the laptop)

O.T.G.

try searching for the "startup" folder using the search feature on the start bar. go into the folder to see whats loading on startup. delete what u want to stop loading up

also try looking thru the settings of each program u wanna stop. there may be an option available to stop it loading on startup

brendy

RMS Regular
start, run, regedit,
browse to hkey local machine, software, microsoft, windows, current version then highlight run, remove the tat from there, be careful with registry editing,

Peter

RMS Regular
start, run, msconfig, and then startup as well do the same thing.

Siilver

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo
r get a program called "StartUp Organizer" can pic it up on any p2p program

but all it lets you do is select on r off what ever program you like

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
....or get a program called advanced xp tweak free with the xp magizine on the dvd.

....or control panel/administrative tools/services. Give's you a list in there, set to manual if you want it off.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
BurntCarcus said:
....or get a program called advanced xp tweak free with the xp magizine on the dvd.

....or control panel/administrative tools/services. Give's you a list in there, set to manual if you want it off.

i would advise you to use the Services menu, dont go deleting stuff directly from the registry unless you know what you are doing!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.