Contra Payment HP Agreement

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Louis Hines

RMS Regular
Drives
Citroen H Van
Hi Guys was wondering if someone could help, Basically I've taken a car out on HP in April there and its caused nothing but problems from a slipping clutch to an appalling fuel economy and i've had enough. I went back to the dealer I had purchased the car from and they've offered me 6500 in part ex for a new car. I owe 8 on the car and he has offered to move the outstanding finance to a new car but he has no cars I like. I am looking to do this for a different car with a different dealer. My problem is that a dealer i contacted last week would not do this for me as the value of the car i was going to purchase was 4500 obviously less than the 6500 my car is worth. Do I need to go for a car of higher value than mine to do this ?

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Try and ring the finance company themselves and explain the situation. If the car has been sold with faults they will either have to repair it or give your money back

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Fuel economy will not be grounds for rejection unless there is an actual fault with the car however the fault needs to be proven in which case the dealer is likely to repair

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.