Corsa C and Components

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
wot on earth would a ICE shop be able to do with a corsa c in fitting components?

the corsa c isnt like most wee cars where the speaker cover comes off separately - it has to be awkward and hide behind the whole doorcard!

wot do u do with them if u want to put in 6.5" comps on custom pods?

mate of mine is looking for more noise up front after buying speakers and amp for the back

how do u solve this prob?

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
Build a stand alone pod on an MDF base and mount it onto the card - makes it easier to make them sealed as you can cut away the standard grille and make a cylindrical depth chamber to add to the pod volume...

Or, fiberglass onto the card and then paint/trim the whole thing.

Alternatively....modify the door with a spacer ring or a bit of chopping to take the 6.5's direct.

What size are standards anyhow?

Jay7

RMS Regular
heresa picture of wat i got done in my old corsa, not the best of pics but it will give ya an idea till i dig out a few more. Sound in Motion did the work for me if thats were ure planning on heading, ask him about doing mines.... he just done my MG on thursday so he should know who ure on about..

normal_19%7E3.JPG

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
goood good lad

thats wot i thot they would do

they 6.5? or 5.25?

Jay7

RMS Regular
5.25.... there the only ones that wouldfit flush on the section otherwise there'd have beenalot of cutting and moulding

sim done an excellent job, very neat and tidy and they sounded excellent.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
yeah thats wot i was bout to ask - how was the sound quality

does sound vary much between 5.25 and 6.5??

Jay7

RMS Regular
nope not really, he told me ya would hardly notice the difference....i was extremely impressed with the type r's. you any idea wat ure gonna go for? i went a bit further this time in the mg though and went for type x alpines ;) purely amazing

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
my mate has vibe gear in the back and mite be thinking of vibe again

i know of a set of the old style alpine type x (blue cones) for sale at AA in portadown 5.25"

i have the 6.5" ones in my car and they are amazing!

he's asking wild money tho fort the 5.25's! need to do some research!

thanks jay

Jay7

RMS Regular
mines are the new style silver type x ones...... sound in motion had to order ones in and he got a package deal on them so he can do them a bit cheaper.... around £250 i think.....considering there £300 all over the net its a damn good deal

there sweet looking two, silver crossovers look the dogs

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
yeah i know!

just off the fone to my mate and he got somethin sorted with the components - have to go see wot they are like

ill try get a few pics :laughing:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
think they were lookin silly money like £299 :eek:

i got my 6.5" outa car and homes for £170

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
lol they are priced up then - def where more than that when i was up b4

shud get them for less than 150 tho

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.