corsa rear disk conversions?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Are you running a big engine?? I heard that its better to invest in a decent big brake kit up front. Dont forget....the rear brakes account for only a fraction of the fronts. I would spend my money on a monster set for the front!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I've got 288mm vectra V6 up front and Cavalier SRI rear discs on My Nova. And the brakes would put you through the windscreen, they are fantastic. Only fault is in the wet they can make it a little tail happy. However i'm going to invest in a bias valve to kill some of the braking power to the rear.

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Well, i had an axel ready to convert, but one came up for sale on the local forums quite cheap.

So i had it sand blasted, repainted, fitted new bearings, calipers and discs and made the handbrake cable.

That was two years ago now tho, and its starting to rust again, should have really powder coated it!!!

Keith

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.