Corsa vxr

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Pistons are softer chocolate than a Scoob in those. That's what happens when you turbocharge a 20 year old engine...

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
why what happens? just wondering not contradicting you :grinning:

As zs pointed out the vxr lump likes to melt the 4th piston! The ting with the likes of bluefin and other handheld generic stuff is that they like a bit of boost! So they feel quick because there's loads of torque! Haven't seen one make power yet over here cos it's a map designed for a fuel we can't get!! Seen 2 bluefin vxr's pulled off the rollers due to det!

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
Andy they can't det for any length of time if they do then the knock sensor will kick in and pull timing back and in most cases put the car into limp mode. As you know I had issues with my bluefin but I did get sorted.

The corsa engine definitely has a few issues so I would recommend a custom map to be sure all is well. TMS won't go to stage 3 on them without upgrading injectors so they must be over 80% duty when running stage 3.

Most modern VAGs det as for a short period of time to determine which fuel they are on. The Vauxhall range seem to do the same, they just don't keep on detting if they did they would simply blow up in a matter of minutes not years.

I agree with you about a custom map for the Corsa though just to be sure. Some appear to have issues with piston 4 whilst others are fine.

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
I would shop around and ask a few questions. Give autotune a call and ask a few questions they will be able to write a map into your existing ECU.

AI are another option but might need to use a piggyback system.

You could go to England to the likes of Regal/Courtenay or TMS.

stu@rty

OP
S
Drives
VXR ARCTIC
Dont fancy going to england, might give Ai a ring, was looking at that unichip.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
The unichip is what I had in the burg and never had an issue-car is still going strong to this day!

As for det-to rely on The knock sensor fixing a poor map is poor tuning if you ask me! Ps..the cars having to be aborted wasn't refering to yours worky!! Have you had it back to ai after the issues were looked at?!

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
Suppose there is not much more you can do with a generic map you have to make it suit so many conditions / cars.

Its poor tuning in one respect as you will never get the most from your car but Vauxhall mapped the Astra for example on 98 ron and then sell it to markets that only get 95 ron so you can see what I am getting at too. Your absolutely spot on though that a custom map is definitely the best way forward in any scenario though.

Not been back to AI unfortunately my knee has kept me out of action a bit :worried: Alan is heading up to get tuned in a couple of weeks if the DimSport is able to map is ecu I will be heading back for a custom map.

I still am thinking about the Unichip but have some reservations but I might chat them through with Johnny if DimSport doesn't prove viable.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.