Cosmic EP3 type r

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Got the discs and pads on tonight shout out to @AndyG for giving me a much needed hand 1 slider on both cailpers was a ba*£&@d lol
So far so good but will know more driving it
image.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I have the sheet from automek that tells me what camber is done on it so I'll have to see when there on

This being an actual race car, I imagine you got the ride height and camber and the rest of the geometry set to what it needs to be for actually driving, and not just to "make it fit" some extreme lowering(y) ;)

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
This being an actual race car, I imagine you got the ride height and camber and the rest of the geometry set to what it needs to be for actually driving, and not just to "make it fit" some extreme lowering(y) ;)
Lol don't know bout it being a race car with me its smashing threw the B roads
the fella before me set up for the Nuremberg
It is set up for driving 100%,

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
There is scrubbing in the rear,
car isn't that low tbh tyres are 215/45 so thinking its the camber that needs adjusted
It's 0.9deg at the min what u think @Delboy23

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
There is scrubbing in the rear,
car isn't that low tbh tyres are 215/45 so thinking its the camber that needs adjusted
It's 0.9deg at the min what u think @Delboy23

I ran 1.5 - 1.8 neg camber and rolled my arches just for extra clearance and that was with a 225 tyre. The rear arches on these cars has quite a lip inside so you'll save good bit room when you roll them bud

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
So what's the best option adjust the degree 1st ? Or just roll the arches ?
Cheers

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
So what's the best option adjust the degree 1st ? Or just roll the arches ?
Cheers

Adjust the camber, get a good frsu on the car. -.9 camber isnt enough pal..
You can look into thicker rarb too, makes a big difference.

You got adjustable camber arms in the car?

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Had the car down at Evans tyres for a 4 wheel alignment, the car is sitting pretty good and they said no point touching it,rear camber was -1.6neg camber said the toe caster the lot was all good, fella mentioned the coilovers bout the stiffness as they r adjustable BC racing coils,
So couple clicks to stiffen the shocks and seems to have stopped scrubbing. @Delboy23

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Had the car down at Evans tyres for a 4 wheel alignment, the car is sitting pretty good and they said no point touching it,rear camber was -1.6neg camber said the toe caster the lot was all good, fella mentioned the coilovers bout the stiffness as they r adjustable BC racing coils,
So couple clicks to stiffen the shocks and seems to have stopped scrubbing. @Delboy23

What's the stiffness on it now and your spring rates? Once these cars are hardened up then the back becomes more loose just bud

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
I turned it 3 clicks hard on each shock, I can always turn it back if feels loose and maybe just roll arches going be a experiment I think just to get right @Delboy23

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I turned it 3 clicks hard on each shock, I can always turn it back if feels loose and maybe just roll arches going be a experiment I think just to get right @Delboy23

Just take it a blast and throw it about down some back roads to give it a good work out or fill it with people and go over some speed ramps lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not really great at all to use spring/damper rates to try to control scrubbing... Either use wheels with the right off-set, or widen the arches, so the suspension can work properly.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.