Crashed my car...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

snout

yea mate unlucky but look on the bright side everyones ok and no1's claiming. Was just thinkn to myself how cud you live if ya killd a mate or even worse ur girlfriend in a car crash and ya know it was ur fault. It wud be the worst feeling ever ya cudnt go on. So dont worry u'll bounce back ive had some bad crashs, wrote off 2of me da's jeeps (1 i rolld with 5 other ppl in it other head on at 60mph)and 2 306's over the space of 3 yrs felt like **** and thought me life was over but other than that i was dead on lol...dnt worry about it lad there's alway some1 worse of than urself and p.s - your here for a good time not a long time

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Sir Sax said:
MacGyver said:
If you where driving @ 60kph (nearly 45 ish) you would have stoped in 37 meters. in normal conditions, and even half that again for ice,
excuse my pot addiction, but did you just state, its possible to stop in half the distance on ice? in comparison to normal conditions.

;)

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
Sorry to hear about the motor, glad everyone's ok...

Regardless of how it happened, it was a mistake, learn from it. hope it all gets sorted.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Nasty one Del. Ice can catch anyone out, but you gotta learn to read the road. Good luck getting back on the road again.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Well only you know if it was really your fault or not...I had a write off a couple of months after my test which was wholly my fault - shook me up big time but at the same time it taught me we arent all as invincible as we think. Just learn from it and move on - just be thankful nobody was hurt :grinning:

delboy

RMS Regular
OP
delboy
Drives
VW Golf TDi
i have taken photos but they need resized and i no longe have the software to do it

big cyril

RMS Regular
ive had some bad crashs, wrote off 2of me da's jeeps (1 i rolld with 5 other ppl in it other head on at 60mph)and 2 306's over the space of 3 yrs

Thats a lot of crashes.
Either you're just unlucky or........

loud n low

RMS Regular
Dat car don t look that hurt to me,i thought you said you were doin 60 mph by the time of impact????Woz it a traffic cone you hit??On the bright side that car cud prob be fixed for under 800 quid,unless the bags are of etc....

Phil_D

RMS Regular
loud n low said:
Dat car don t look that hurt to me,i thought you said you were doin 60 mph by the time of impact????Woz it a traffic cone you hit??On the bright side that car cud prob be fixed for under 800 quid,unless the bags are of etc....

Might even polish out ;)

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Ouch, thats a bigger crash than it looks, easily £3000 worth of damage to sort that properly, providing all running gear and chassis isn't mucked up!!!

bob

RMS Regular
Providing the running gear and chassis aren't mucked up, where is the £3000 worth of damage?

ecp

Theres no way thats a write off, i've seen cars several times worse than that and put back on the road legally.

And no matter how many times you blame the road conditions for your accident, it was still YOUR accident, your fault, your stupidity.

Go get a go-ped and do stunts over speed ramps, you shouldn't be on the road in a motor car if you can stack a buzzbox corsa full of mates into stationary objects.

delboy

RMS Regular
OP
delboy
Drives
VW Golf TDi
as i've said more than once now i only estimated i was going about 60mph, obviously i was wrong as everyone here seems to know more about the crash than i do

@ ecp - i know it was MY accident, but hitting black ice - i would'nt say that was MY fault, its not as if i could've swerved to miss it! And as for my stupidity - i need you need your head looked at

my dad took the car upto his best mates today and he had a few guys looking at it when it was up in the lift, apparently the chassis is cream crackered

BJ

Banned
Isn't it madness that the driving test doesn't include at least 1 lesson on a skid pan! :roll:

Some of the replies are a bit harsh IMO,as much as I'd like to have a pop at young drivers the fact is no experience+something never encountered before=nightmare!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.