Crock of ****e or is there something in it?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ruth

RMS Regular
lol didnt watch it all, its too cheesy :p i wouldn't hold your breath

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Never even watched the video, i just read the instructions for applying the stuff!!!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
5 Star Shine's patented two step process uses a technology called "Electrophoresis Dynamics", a chemical application based on a magnetic principle. The opposite poles of two bar magnets attract each other to form a strong powerful connection. When joined, the polarization creates a super bond between the two surfaces making it very difficult to separate. Here's how it works. The step 1 solution prepares the surface and sets up a positive electromagnetic charge on the paint. Next, step 2 is applied which contains the negatively charged polytetrafluoroethylene or PTFE. With opposite charges attracting, the PTFE is magnetically pulled into the paint pores while all the protective chemicals in the 5 Star Shine system crosslink and cure. Once cured, PTFE is fused into the paint, preventing drift, fade or degradation for years to come...Guaranteed!

LMFAO

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Well PTFE is a real substance.

Polytetrafluoroethylene
Short for polytetrafluoroethylene, this product was first marketed as Teflon. This non-hydrophilic laminate gives superior waterproof performance while achieving high breathability compared to other waterproof/breathable coated or laminated fabric. In a breathable, waterproof fabric the PTFE membrane is the central component. With microscopic-sized holes, the PTFE allows water vapor to pass through the barrier, but blocks liquid water droplets from finding a way in. ...
www.couloirmag.com/gear/clothing/fabric_glos.asp

Seems to have some similar things to what that ad says!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
I know ptfe is a real substance <_<

But... "Electrophoresis Dynamics", "Super Bonds"...

Theyre basically saying theyre going to magnetically charge your paintwork and then oppositely charge some ptfe to stick to it.

The general wording, terminology and tone of the whole website appears shady to me also, and its quite funny. Plus all that stuff about every wax/LSP except theirs being bad for your car...

angus

Drives
Focus 1.6 Zetec
pile of mad dogs pish.

teflon has to be bonded on at temperatures of over 350 degrees C, somehow I don't think the paint on the focus would like it!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.