CRX custom exhaust

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Red_Zetec

RMS Regular
Drives
2006 Skoda Fabia
I was looking at the price of aftermarket tuning exhaust systems for 91 Honda CRX Vtech and they're all pretty expensive!I have a titanium backbox that would look and sound great on a CRX but i would need a custom system made to fit it by the likes of PowerFlow. I've heard that the system has to be exactly the same lentgh as Hondas original or it will lose power. Is this true or as long as its not massively longer or shorter than the original would it be ok?
Cheers

dubnutter

RMS Regular
the crx`s need a box the same as the standard one for back pressure mate, or else they wont run that well

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
A mate of mine had a Scorpion system on his Vtec and it was around £300 iirc. Sounded brilliant too

Red_Zetec

RMS Regular
OP
Red_Zetec
Drives
2006 Skoda Fabia
I had been lookin at Tanabe system but there big money! Scorpion systems look well but i really like the Jap look, might get a scorpion tho cos i think a mate has a crx scorpion backbox lying around his garage.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I got a mongoose for mine - think it was around the £300 mark too, possibly a bit more (including decat), but also got a 4-1 manifold on top of that. - I think off the shelf is the best bet for it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.