CRX insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lenny

Im gettin rid of me 206 in a couple of months and Im thinkin about tryin to get me hands on a V-Tech CRX!! Im only 22 and Ive 2 years NCB and I was wondering roughly wot Im gonna have to pay for insurance?? I was quoted last year £2340 for a 106 GTI!! Im not sure if a 106 GTI is a higher insurance group than a V-Tech tho!! Any help appreciated!

Bronk

RMS Regular
crx vtec is group 12... 106 gti is group 13 ( i think)

a crx cud b dear euff insurance.. best thing to do is ring a insurance broker or check online

Emmy

your young and a crx isnt the safest car in an accident i mean does it have airbags? doubt it a gti is a reasonably new car so shoudl have more safety features in it and i guess thats why they would quote you less on that...but shop around, try some online quotes from elephant and admiral too to get a general idea of a price.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
gr 17/18 cav turbo 22 wit 2 yrs no claims 1300quid declarin mods :laughing:

adrian flux altho i heard they aint takin on new customers from NI no more...

Emmy

ins also depens where u live too, if u live in an estate where crime is high ur gonna get a rediculously high quote in comparison to someone living in the countryside.

lenny

OP
L
m00k said:
gr 17/18 cav turbo 22 wit 2 yrs no claims 1300quid declarin mods :laughing:

adrian flux altho i heard they aint takin on new customers from NI no more...

Aye, it was Adrian Flux that gave me a decent quote for the 106 GTI!! They'll only insure u if u have a modified car tho!!

merlin

RMS Regular
Boydie said:
they insure any car

You sure Boydie?

Everytime I phoned them for a quote they told me it had to be modified for them to cover NI. Which wasn't really a problem lol

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
nah they wudnt quote me on the corsa standard...but when i mentioned a red top corsa wit roll cage suspsension etc at 21 they said 1500quid...nice chap adrian is :p

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
Try Elephant... i tried them a few days ago

£640 for Corsa Sport 1.4 16v - with 6 points - Fully comp

and

£1300ish for another toy - with 6 points - Tpft

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Hill_Billy said:
Try Elephant... i tried them a few days ago

£640 for Corsa Sport 1.4 16v - with 6 points - Fully comp

and

£1300ish for another toy - with 6 points - Tpft

was this the rampant rabbit hill billy? thats a bloody good quote if so, every time i phone up the insurers looking to know about it they just laugh :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.