CRX on rolling road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
yeah .. thats a good result.

did Simon mention any of these faults by any chance or did he just stick the car on the rollers, rev the bolloxs of it and then take your money :?:

Christopher

RMS Regular
OP
Christopher
Drives
Skyline GTR
na he mentioned some of the faults and also a few others.

both places where very helpful, can't say a bad word about any

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
miniator said:
altho u did blow that rs turbo at the lights one nite!!

Was the RS Turbo racing? I doubt it, i know of no CRX that would beat an RS Turbo...what colour was it?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Yep both results seem fine, though I wouldn't expect to see the far side of 170bhp with only those mods.

Andy

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
Cooper said:
Yep both results seem fine, though I wouldn't expect to see the far side of 170bhp with only those mods.

Andy
yeah black crx sbz 8312 it was 1 of quickest crxs beat a few rs turbos about for a long time its now a track car!!!!

Christopher

RMS Regular
OP
Christopher
Drives
Skyline GTR
yea the rs turbo was racing. have raced 2 so far and so far have beat them both on the carraigeway and at the lights

raced a 172 cup last night at bishopscourt. he got about a length on me at the start and it stayed that way the whole way up

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
I'm actually quite impressed that Cartoyz got a similar reading to Triple 7. Does that mean they have gotten better or 777 have gone downhill :p

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
well the guy at 777 said they had the rollers calibrated last week or something so who knows!

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
as i said b4 simon from car toyz knows his stuff !!!!and there rr is way more advanced than 777!!!

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
marky said:
as i said b4 simon from car toyz knows his stuff !!!!and there rr is way more advanced than 777!!!

it's not about knowing your stuff for one particular type of car. its a rolling road FFS. You need to know how to work them before you can advice people how to tune their cars.

what makes it more advanced that 777 rolling road?
has anybody been on McVickers rolling road? That would be an interesting comparison :laughing:

Adam

RMS Regular
Was going to say that you are all getting NM and lb/ft mixed up.
As for CRX Vtec's not going over 135 then they must have been not drove hard for a while or just bad ones.
I know of at least a dozen people with them and they all got over 140 easy.
Mine only did 137 when I first got it but once I gave it a good service and drove it hard for a while it went over 145 easy although it did take 6 miles to get there. :laughing:

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
i was in a vtec 4 up doing 150 in Tanvers Vtec few years back, scary ****! :confounded:hock:

Christopher

RMS Regular
OP
Christopher
Drives
Skyline GTR
i've had 150mph on the clock

when i'm reading 145mph an astra gte behind me is reading 140 on the digital dash though

JohnBoyWalton

Adam said:
Mine only did 137 when I first got it but once I gave it a good service and drove it hard for a while it went over 145 easy although it did take 6 miles to get there. :laughing:

Yeah but yours was scrap Adam!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

brendy said:
who told you the max speed was 155?
seen vtecs before and none of them ever went beyond 135. plus the RR plot sdoesnt tell you the top speed it tells you what speed in gear (usually 4th in normal 5 stabbers) the peaks were taken.

Must have been a totally dead - destroyed VTEC then m8! :laughing: :laughing: Or a 16V which was thought to be a VTEC.

Christopher said:
i've had 150mph on the clock
when i'm reading 145mph an astra gte behind me is reading 140 on the digital dash though

Yeah not 100% accurate on the clock but at the end of the day thats blistering performance for a 1.6!!!!!! :evil: You gotta love VTECs!!!!!

Plus a standard VTEC is gonna be about 160bhp if not slightly more without any mods, same as the SiR. So with few mods they are gonna reach around 170bhp no probs.

Quikie

Drives
BMW 325iK
miniator said:
yeah, seems a bit high for a 1.6!! altho u did blow that rs turbo at the lights one nite!!
would this be the white one? Are they not only 130-140 standard anyway? Surely a crx standard would cream it anyway?

Christopher

RMS Regular
OP
Christopher
Drives
Skyline GTR
white one was slow

the same boy has another red one and it gave me a better run, but i still beat it

he says it has:
stage 2 head and cams
hybrid turbo
larger front mounted intercooler
hi-torque pistons

reckons its over 200bhp which means he should have beat me?!

couldn't be going right

ANDYBL4IR

RMS Regular
I had my mini one on the cartoyz rollers and DS autos rollers and they were 1 bhp different and both of them higher than the manufactures spec.

In ds autos it was 101 and in cartoyz it was 100. It should only be 90

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.