Dash test and repair

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Hi folks looking to see if anyone could recommend a electrical engineer who could test and potentially repair the clocks for my 990 supeduke ?

Dash doesn't want to work however bike will start and ride, I've changed the loom out behind the clocks and fitted new battery. Hoping to rule out dash before I go any deeper

Thanks

Screenshot_20220621-081805_Gallery.jpg

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
We would use this guy in work from time to time. Based in Richhill.
PS fancy a swap for an MT-10? Always wanted a 990 Duke R šŸ¤¤

Matti_f

RMS Regular
OP
Matti_f
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Thanks Mikey dropped it up to him yesterday.

To be fair it will likely be for sale once I can mot the bike your more than welcome to have a run.

They definitely aren't a Japanese 4 šŸ¤£ very raw and agricultural but so much fun

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Thanks Mikey dropped it up to him yesterday.

To be fair it will likely be for sale once I can mot the bike your more than welcome to have a run.

They definitely aren't a Japanese 4 šŸ¤£ very raw and agricultural but so much fun
The first 1000cc bike I rode was a 990 SMC-R and I just fell in love straight away. Nothing refined about it but as you say proper fun!

Matti_f

RMS Regular
OP
Matti_f
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
@mikey Just wanted to say thanks buddy

Got the dash back from Robyn today and the man's a magician. Completely re soldered the pcb after a bit of head scratching and a friend telling him to have a look through a micro scope !! Lead free solder apparently the culprit.

Thanks again bud

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
@mikey Just wanted to say thanks buddy

Got the dash back from Robyn today and the man's a magician. Completely re soldered the pcb after a bit of head scratching and a friend telling him to have a look through a micro scope !! Lead free solder apparently the culprit.

Thanks again bud
Ah no problem! He certainly knows his stuff with electronics. Now get an MOT on the thing and get a summers craic out of it šŸ‘Œ