Decently modified cars

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Pre face-lift 400's are the purest shape tbh, very wedge-tastic. Similar in a way to the 164, I'd have either or but the kitted clio gives me the Ragnotti feels (white is OK, but gold wheels ffs)

Had to go digging for another ph1 clio there. A screenshot of one I found on facebake a few years ago.

IMG_4311.png

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Had to go digging for another ph1 clio there. A screenshot of one I found on facebake a few years ago.

View attachment 424903
Remember seeing that one too, iirc was a lad that had done it as a lockdown project and then was selling it immediately afterwards. The white powder coated subframes was the thing that stuck with me. What sort of warped ejit would powder coat a subframe white? A year or two of brown streaks from bolts going rusty and it would look like a pair of skid marked y fronts underneath ffs.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Saw a red coupe today!

Saw it too in Dundrum.

My dad had a 3 door british racing green 216 gti identical to this.

351-8-medium.jpg

Bargain it was too. Picked it up at Wilson's auctions and I had to twist his arm to bid as it wasn't really his type of car. I can't remember the exact price but was somewhere between £1500 and £2k. Ex government car with just over 50k, full dealer history and not one scratch or dent on it. Sold as seen for whatever reason. My dad always said it was the best car he ever owned and I always said it was the coolest car he'd ever own.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I went to a dealer in Ards to buy a white GSI almost identical to that with the same wheels but bloody missed out by about 5 minutes and caught it arriving back after the test drive. Would absolutely love one.

My dad used to have a grey 216 GSi hatchback back in the day. We took it everywhere towing a caravan which was mental when you think about it. I think it had a Honda D Series engine in it, a lot of the switch gear like the wiper stalks etc was the same as in my DC2 Integra too! I suppose in hindsight it was just a rebadged Honda Concerto or vice versa.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
They are lovely things and the engineering details are fantastic but the performance is unusable on the road unfortunately.

The level of engineering and attention to detail is incredible.

Performance wise, a bog standard M3 is unusable on the road these days.

The beauty of a Porsche is that you don’t need to be going warp speed to enjoy the drive, I would imagine these are similar.

But at £2 million plus, unfortunately I can’t imagine many owners driving them at all.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Remember seeing that one too, iirc was a lad that had done it as a lockdown project and then was selling it immediately afterwards. The white powder coated subframes was the thing that stuck with me. What sort of warped ejit would powder coat a subframe white? A year or two of brown streaks from bolts going rusty and it would look like a pair of skid marked y fronts underneath ffs.
My dad was telling me he saw an ineos grenadier with a fully red chassis, seems to have been offered from factory, would look cool for about 5 mins.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Ah yes, the old Toyota Leg Loser, feet on the front bumper like a 70's F1 car, ish.

I drove a Mazda E200 in '87/'88 as it was the factory van at the time, I took out the rubber mat to check and there was a small box section that mounted the headlight and formed one side of the rad aperture.

Last edited: