DfI parking notice - enforceable?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
My mum was in Newry today and parked up in the Dunnes Car Park (Monaghan street) in a disabled space and displayed her blue badge.

She came back to her car to find a Department for Infrastructure penalty notice stuck to her car.

Few things to note. My mum's car is a southern reg car and her blue badge is issued by a southern health board.

First question is, for anyone that knows newry, is the Dunnes pay and display / Monaghan street car park covered by the DfI wardens?

Secondly, if she is from down south, can they enforce this penalty?

She thinks that because the blue badge is there, parking is free (which I don't think it is) but just wondered on the above.

Thanks in advance.

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
I don't know the car park at dunnes but if it's a pay and display. Then you got to pay or display you ticket. I'm sorry but a blue badge isn't either of those. So you got to pay. Btw my mother has a blue badge also.

Crow555

RMS Regular
OP
Crow555
Drives
Integra DC5R
I went onto Google Street last night and found the sign

Screenshot_20190915-230510.png

Normal charges apply confirmed then.

I then looked up what happens with the case of Southern reg cars and it would seem that the DfI are prone to clamping cars with existing fines on them and as my mum will probably use that car park again some day, I told her to pay it.

Seems down south, Blue badge holders don't pay for parking and that's where the confusion lay. Either way, lesson learned.

Thanks for the responses guys.