Diamond Cut Alloy Protection

SD19A

RMS Member
Evening All,

Taking delivery of a new car soon which unfortunately has diamond cut wheels…

Is their anything you can do / apply to them to protect them?

I had thought about getting them ceramic coated but not sure it would make much difference?

Thanks

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Coating them will help protect them to a certain degree and aid cleaning them but will not prevent the inevitable once they get a few stone chips etc.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I bought a new 3 series in 2016, which had diamond cut alloys. I coated them with KKD Revolve, and I had absolutely no white worm when I sold it after just over 5 years later.

Once coated, I only ever had to wash with shampoo. Once a year I removed them for a 'deep clean' and top up of the ceramic if necessary, but I found the KKD remained very effective up until around the 3 year mark.

Good luck, and health to enjoy the new car.

Cheers.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I wouldn't worry too much - I have had mine on my S3 since 2017 and done 60k miles. Yes there is some corrosion and "white worm" but it is inevitable. Ceramic coating or regular wheel sealant will help as well as decent cleaning and no acid cleaner.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
My Mercs wheels are diamond cut and it's nearly 5 years old now. @big_pete coated them around 4 years ago and they're still perfect.... Really easy to clean too. I believe he used Gtechniq C5 wheel armour but I stand to be corrected on that.