Diesel dipping

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

diffin_always

Drives
cavalier td salo
Just to let you all know they were dipping cars for red diesel just outside moneymore, At the end of the dual carriage way. So watch out!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
they have been doing it alot recently

police were at the moira turn off at nutts corner yesterday and were in coleraine area the other day

BJ

Banned
They were there from 9AM to at least 11.30 this morning! :eek:

The lay-by was that full of vehicles that I got waved on in my wee van,not that it mattered,we got done last month so all lovely and legal anyway! ;)

BJ

Banned
£500 fine paid on the spot otherwise they take the vehicle away till it's paid.

If the driver/vehicle is caught again it's a grand fine and expect a visit from customs (commercial use) to check receipts/invoices for clear diesel which could be nasty! ;)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
are u only allowed to use the deisel for the tractors and farmyard equipment? can the farmers not use it on the jeeps??

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Theres been a bit of a crack down of late, both North and South of the border. Feels great driving through them in a petrol yoke, no more sweating for me ;)

But hey if you were using red/green stuff it wouldnt take long to make a £500 saving.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
unless you got dipped in your first week

im not to educated in all things diesel, but can red and clear not be mixed, to a point that the concentration is so that the red goes undetected?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
ive heard u can pour the red through cat litter and it comes out clear

also heard u can put clear colouring in your tank to take away the red colour too

soundz_good

Drives
Avensis T-Spirit
Bryan said:
ive heard u can pour the red through cat litter and it comes out clear

Doesn't work. I tried it in the interest of "education".

Thats coz u have to be hanging upside down, suspended from the ceiling for it to work :lol: :lol:

I am thinking of getting something for a few hundred quid and running it on sunflower oil(no ****), it works and is legal if you pay the duty direct to the gouvernment for what u use. ;)

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Lyons said:
unless you got dipped in your first week

im not to educated in all things diesel, but can red and clear not be mixed, to a point that the concentration is so that the red goes undetected?

Nope.....don't think so, the red will always show up, if only a trace.

You could save a fortune or drive a couple o mile down the road and get caught. It's just pure luck!

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
theres places in the South selling BioDiesel now @ cents60/litre. The guy making it was telling me that what you loose slightly in MPG you make up in power. His BMW 530d has now done 40k miles running the stuff with no problems.

Mark

Drives
A3 1.8 T Sport
paddymcc said:
theres places in the South selling BioDiesel now @ cents60/litre. The guy making it was telling me that what you loose slightly in MPG you make up in power. His BMW 530d has now done 40k miles running the stuff with no problems.

Heard about this stuff the other day. Anyone any experience of it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.