Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
I keep sayin that im not buying anymore French cars (i also said i wasnt buying anymore cars here in the UK/Ireland) - yet again i have been caught. However, this time I have definitely bought my last car here. Its something I have wanted from the first time i seen one on Top Gear Motorsport all those years ago when a version was being shown at the Autosport Show.
1.jpg

More later :grinning:

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
done well these are immense !! , looking forward to pics (y)

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Long time since I saw a Dimma anything, look forward to seeing this (y)

Jason

RMS Regular
I remember seeing one at the Autosport show in the NEC when I was 15/16 I think, sat in just to the left as you walked in, had Cobra sidewinders in it lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I can remember seeing a blue one in a show in the Europa years ago, dear knows if it was genuine or not.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Ok so no more suspense. Again Wayne D and I headed off to have a look at yet another car, this time down in Kildare a week or two ago. TBH we were going for a nosey as both of us had been talking about Dimma inspired cars for years. Wayne was never a huge fan of the 306 Dimma until he seen this one. To our amazement the car was in great condition overall and was how it was described. Initially we were sceptical whether or not the car was a genuine Dimma because we couldn't see the Dimma plaque. The owner insisted it was the real thing and a phone call to the official UK Dimma stockists has since confirmed this is No. 14, so we are hoping Dimma Belgium will issue us a new plaque. The car was also meant to have been owned by Ronan Keating of Boyzone all those moons ago - i still think the car is cool though :p

The front of the car is properly widened with extended wishbones and driveshafts and its sitting on proper Peugeot Sport Suspension also. The engine is from a 2.0 XSI 16v (i think these engines came in the later 306's - its only got 70k on it, not bad for a 15 year old 306) and is std. It has the genuine Dimma Kit obviously finished in, afaik, Dandelion Yellow that could be found on the 406 Coupe back in the day. The car has recently had a full respray so its sitting like new. 17" Compomotives are specially designed for the car with an offset that means no stupid spacers are required.

Few little things that need tweaked are:
Lose the headlights and a set of new phase 1 lights + indicators
Lose the tints from the rear quarters and back window - std ftw
Different wheels - tbh i have a few ideas but it will be interesting to see if i can get the correct offsets made up to suit the car without resorting to spacers
Interior is going to get the biggest overhaul - std seats in it at the moment although i hope to get the yellow and black leather seats that are meant to be in the car. However im finally going to get my Sparco Evo's into something!! Flock the dash and add a Sparco 3 flat suede wheel.
Add the Maxi roof spoiler - i know a few people wont like this but to me it will complete the Maxi look to the car i want - it will also make it less fat looking!!
Exhaust trim at the rear needs looked at
Need to fill that hole in the rear bumper - im sure there is something like this on a std rear bumper?

So there you have it my latest French piece of scrap - everything else is being sold now and im keeping this forever!!! I friggin love this car!

6146853707_afb7dc3459_b.jpg

6146853487_7eda0f456b_b.jpg

6146853889_2be028b8a8_b.jpg

6147402424_6155869d92_b.jpg

6146854109_a9fa2bbcdf_b.jpg

I know a lot of people will dislike it and think its hideous but honestly i love this car - a dream came true for me when buying this and Wayne couldnt stop calling me names! haha

MAX POWER YEOOOOOO

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Mate, that is one of the coolest things Ive seen in a LONG time.

I cant begin to describe my admiration and desire for this car!

Its also just given me the final boot up the arse to pursue my current 306 notion and actually be proactive!

I feel a photoshoot coming on in coming months!