do these pass M.O.T?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Do these pass M.O.T?

Silver indicator bulbs?
After market lexus Lights? Pic's in Garage (renault)
Having 55 profile tyres on rear and 50's on front?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
- silver bulbs yes as long as they flash orange !
- lexus lights as long as there is a reflector built into them if not go buy 2 refectors and temp stick them on the bumper each side or the likes
- as long as the trad is legal they wont notice so cant see that being a problem TBH

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
OP
BurntCarcus
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Cheers Graham, would hate to have it fail for something stupid like these.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
well dont take what i say as gospel but mine passed with silver bulbs, and i know mates jammed reflectors into each side of No plate (rash i know) but it worked LOL

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
OP
BurntCarcus
Drives
Scenic TomTom
I have the other bulbs in my car, if they say they wont pass im sure i could swap them there and then. And the lights have reflectors on them so fingers crossed lol

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
as long as the bulb give a good bright orange light it will pass, i have heard of lights being failed because the colour was to faded.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Tyres won't matter, as there are cars that come from the factory with different size tyres on the front as opposed to the back

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
As long as tyres are same size on any axle, its ok.

Light clusters will need a reflector, and pretty sure they must also be E-marked.

As long as the silver bulbs flash orange, it should be fine.

excursion

Drives
MR2 Rocket
MOT guys are fu*kin serous asholes. they target our type and just fail them for anything. just look at some of the crap floating on the roads these days and its proof that they are bias.

if you think it will fail ..... it will, but never on what you think. lights need to be very visible and check and recheck everything. make sure you have your car driven for a half hour to let the emmisions settle.

clean your engine bay and chassis.
plug in all your belts before ya go.
check for leaks around the breaks and CV join.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ive never really had a problem with MOT myself.

Generally speaking if its roadworthy, and everything works it will pass. There may be the odd exception though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.