Down but not out!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

yvo6

RMS Regular
OP
yvo6
Thank you.jpg

Well thats the end of the Road Racing for this year. Top marks for East Coast Racing Festival for running the new race. It was difficult with the weather but as always Francis Everard made good work in getting as many races run before monsson conditions hit the paddock.

I was racing in the 250/400 race and was out in the compulsory 5 laps of newcomers at the start of Saturdays practice as this was a new race meeting. I really needed those laps because i found myself looking at those white bales that I had an intimate experience with the last time i was in that paddock in July.

Unfortunately due to various events during the day which were not all race related, the last 3 practice sessions were unable to run before road opening.
Saturday morning started off dry but with a shower before my practice session left the road wet in unexpected places. A front wet took care of that and I had gotten my head together and was much more focused in using the 3 laps at the start of the day to get dialled in, and was ready for racing later on.
The weather held up for most of the day and I was happy with the bike and myself on the 2 sighting laps before my race. I made a mess of the start, pulling away well but selecting 2nd gear too soon which bogged down the revvs and found myself last past the paddock.
I got past one rider and had caught two more but the race was red flagged and as it was just past half way, a result was called. Fortunately no one was hurt but there was debris on a blind corner so there was not much could have been done.

I was happy enough with my race and performance and I am already looking forward to next year! I have had an a problem with my wrist and need that sorted now so I will be giving the next few short circuits a miss until that is better.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped my in any way, their kindness is remembered and appreciated.

Thanks to NGK Spark Plugs; (UK) Ards Rover and Mini Centre & Millview Embroidery for their support.

Last but never least, a big thanks to all of the photographers, happy snappers and anyone who posts photographs of me - I really appreciate this - Thank you

Onwards and upwards xx
Yvonne

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.