IMG_0383.jpeg
IMG_0375.jpeg
IMG_0370.jpeg
IMG_0365.jpeg
IMG_0360.jpeg
IMG_0351.jpeg
IMG_0345.jpeg
IMG_0343.jpeg
Not a bad turn out. M5 is class @Gemma! Weather was perfect, but now I’m totally sunburnt. 😂

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@gav525 @Chris tii there's me saying about @Simon998 106 rallye and on the test drive in the tesla, we spot him at Sprucefield roundabout in the rallye haha

Good day. Weather was absolutely beautiful

What colour was it then lol?

Great wee day that, I think Down Royal put on a great show.
Despite it not being for charity, there were plenty charity buckets there, and for £5 a car to have the venue provided, plus nice clean toilets, food and drinks facilties indoor and seemed to be plenty for kids to do as well.

Weather was perfect as well!

Didn't take many photos as was too busy looking around me. Blue Opel Manta/Ascona thing was class, full jag V12 running gear and engine in it!

20240421_105555.jpg
20240421_110737.jpg
20240421_114822.jpg
IMG-20240421-WA0021.jpeg
IMG-20240421-WA0018.jpeg
IMG-20240421-WA0014.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That red “Porsche” is a 1.6 Pinto engined kit car apparently… It was in Newcastle this afternoon.

It is, he had the Ford engine on show later on lol. Beetle based, can tell by the side the fuel filler is on.

I thought it was a real 911 until told differently 😂

That blue Starion definitely one of my favourites, unreal 😍

jaybo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bug WRX
Decent show, but WTAF was up with the judging? NIAOC should have won Best Clubstand on numbers alone for the clubstand award, also ST Owners and the MINIs had way more impressive displays than that Newtownabbey club with just a handful of cars so Gawd knows what other cars won awards , be interesting to see if they publish a winners list seeing as they didn't even bother to hold a prize giving. This show had potential, but from arriving at the gate and the disorganisation was apparent. With pre booking for clubstands an essential you would have thought they would have had specific pitches set out but shoved everyone in to whatever space they thought of, off the cuff and leading to traffic jams through marshals that had absolutely no idea how to park cars. Also the fact they had 2 people with a bucket collecting for charity instead of donating some or all of the entry fee to charity was a bit embarrassing for them. Not normally one for bitching but there was soo much wrong with this show!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Landed around 11, got parked and took a dander.

@Gemma & @gav525 your cars are very nice indeed!

Good variation of cars on display and typically some were average and some were stunning...

Got me out of the house for a few hours and the weather was great.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Very impressed with this yesterday, great mix of stuff on show, weather helped. Would definitely go back if its on again next year.

matthewh

RMS Regular
Drives
GP3,CSS,Mini
Apologies for not taking the camera around with me, left it in the car and by the time I went back for it the place was clearing out so didn't bother, have pics of the Mini Clubstand but I'll get more at whatever's next.

1.jpg

21.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

20240421-_DSC3578.jpg

16.jpg

14.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

matthewh

RMS Regular
Drives
GP3,CSS,Mini
Decent show, but WTAF was up with the judging? NIAOC should have won Best Clubstand on numbers alone for the clubstand award, also ST Owners and the MINIs had way more impressive displays than that Newtownabbey club with just a handful of cars so Gawd knows what other cars won awards , be interesting to see if they publish a winners list seeing as they didn't even bother to hold a prize giving. This show had potential, but from arriving at the gate and the disorganisation was apparent. With pre booking for clubstands an essential you would have thought they would have had specific pitches set out but shoved everyone in to whatever space they thought of, off the cuff and leading to traffic jams through marshals that had absolutely no idea how to park cars. Also the fact they had 2 people with a bucket collecting for charity instead of donating some or all of the entry fee to charity was a bit embarrassing for them. Not normally one for bitching but there was soo much wrong with this show!

Great day for it, good spot for it too but thought the layout could have been a lot better but apart from that It was a decent day.

Last edited:

jaybo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bug WRX
Never noticed any ways to vote tbh.
It was in the comments on one of their Facebook posts from the day of the show (or maybe previous day) but may as well not have posted it cause noone could find it, they told us people's choice vote on the Facebook post so everyone looking for a post and didn't see the comment on an old post from them 🤣

matthewh

RMS Regular
Drives
GP3,CSS,Mini
Aw ok found it, have to find the event page and then go to the discussion tab, actually didn't go on until Tuesday, you were supposed to go on and post a picture of your own car by the looks of it and then whichever got the most likes won, I'd post a link but it's not shareable.

1714046590415.png

jaybo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bug WRX
Aw ok found it, have to find the event page and then go to the discussion tab, actually didn't go on until Tuesday, you were supposed to go on and post a picture of your own car by the looks of it and then whichever got the most likes won, I'd post a link but it's not shareable.

View attachment 432446
On their original post it said you had to direct message them with your choice so no wonder not many people replied to that post as it's confusing lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240425-132302.png
    Screenshot_20240425-132302.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: