Driftgames HQ Burning Down

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Devastating for them.

Modern warehouse building construction, it was always going to end up that way unfortunately, rapid fire spread was inevitable.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Yeah that was a hard watch. Especially at the end. You could hear the upset in Daves voice as he was looking round. I didn't even twig to the Lambo at first, it's just pure rubble.

This was one of my favourites at Dubshed this year too.

20240407_133134.jpg

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
That was a tough watch 😢

Absolutely gutted for DriftGames, all them cars were so personal to them. No amount of money will ever replace the half of what was in there. And as a business where do you even start with absolutely nothing left to work from. It will take incredible energy and willpower to even try and go again, but I hope they do.

I’m guessing insurance payout on a situation like this with so many businesses involved could take a while to sort, what does everyone do in the meantime? They’ve been fairly open about having some substantial loans, the payments don’t stop.

Regarding all the Deane Motors cars outside, where do you even start with presumably all the keys and logbooks etc all gone?

Whole thing is just awful.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Just watched the video, heartbreaking for those lads. I hadn’t been following them and only loosely heard of them prior to this years Dubshed. But they had a serious set up there, absolutely phenomenal.

Watching the footage of the good times they had in that space with all the cool cars was very very sad.

Huge respect for the asking that Gofundme pages aren’t set up for them, and that they want to rebuild and recover themselves having reopened their merch shop. I’ll be buying something for sure.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Only heard of Drift Games for the first time last week and watched their Sonax video of the Gallardo. Absolutely terrible to see this. I appreciate some of the cars might be rare etc, but ultimately most stuff can be replaced.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Go right back to the start of the videos, all cool to watch and you can see how far they have came especially running the drift events around the world and collaborating with all the big drift men and YouTubers , they have massive respect world wide the early videos are funny and a great watch, I don’t watch normal tv anymore, full on YouTube house, it’s a hell of a rabbit hole to go down

The whole drift games team are super nice and the way they are on camera is the way they are in real life, such a pity bout all the cars

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Proper good guys, bought a skyline off me. They are very humble and appreciative of where the have came from and this is such a kick in the balls for them but knowing dave he will pull this back.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Proper good guys, bought a skyline off me. They are very humble and appreciative of where the have came from and this is such a kick in the balls for them but knowing dave he will pull this back.

I think that car is safe.

Aodhan was upset about it too. He was buzzing to go down and see the place, especially the Corvette. God bless him he asked how can we help them out.

DB133B8B-EA6B-4B55-8525-95AC74983BB9.jpeg

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Bought some merch earlier to support the boys. The video was hard to watch and see the lads anguish… tough times ahead but they’ll get through it. They have brought a lot to the car community here in Ireland and have been doing so for years even before driftgamea existed. I can remember Dave’s first Prodrift event as a MC/commentator and then him taking on IDC and building that into one of the best drift championships around not to mention BDC and so on.

They’ll be back.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Aodhan was upset about it too. He was buzzing to go down and see the place, especially the Corvette. God bless him he asked how can we help them out.

My eldest (8) was the same last night. I laughed at his reaction when he seen the Lamborghini, and Dave & Co at Dubshed, got himself in a whole panic, because it was really them.

He watched the video last night and was actually crying, and asked the same, what can we do to help.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Fair to say it's not really my scene but I'm a subscriber on their channel and thought the HQ was great, terrible to see the whole thing and the cars destroyed. I'm sure they will be back ASAP with lots of help and support from followers and other companies.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Fair play to them rolling the cameras in the middle of all that going on. Must have been horrendous to stand and watch the fire spreading to their building but powerless to do anything about it. I really hope they had adequate insurance cover so they can at least rebuild the place as soon as possible and invest some money back into new cars.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
I think that car is safe.

No even the R32 is gone… there’s a part almost right at the end they say I forgot the 32 is in there aswell

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d

If anyone wants to help the guys out, they have opened their merch store (lost all stock, so pre orders which may take a little time to arrive) They have a specific launch shirt available and a digital poster of the lost Liberty Walk Lamborghini that is not at a set price. This is not charity, as they have refused any GoFundMe type donations, but would support them immediately in the short term with cash flow to maintain and replace kit until insurance stuff can be processed. Strong video….✊