Dubshed 2023

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Alot of them have no understanding of trade policies at all, nevermind those mind boggling things called trade plates. 😂

Ha don’t I know it 😂 I have some hilarious trade plate stories from over the years 😂

To be fair a lot of people properly take the piss with trade plates lol

Kris Duprey

RMS Regular
Drives
Capri 2.9 TT

Kris Duprey

RMS Regular
Drives
Capri 2.9 TT
As always, excellent event. Great to spend the weekend chatting to likeminded folk and it really gave me a kick up the ass to get the car ready for the 2023 season.

Some photos below! Loved the Mercedes and Fiat, and the green golf was probably my favorite there, attention to detail was excellent!

Kris

945AD81C-064D-4855-91EF-18BAA7E0EC3E.jpeg
1A6EADEB-2FEC-4FFF-ADBB-939B52FD4D10.jpeg
2DF9F39D-866A-455F-A0BC-4D6A04886CA3.jpeg
C9CC340A-543E-41A8-B17D-91074607E5EF.jpeg
9D0AA79D-8BC5-4962-B5C2-181B931962F6.jpeg
2CE42CF0-380F-4964-BEDF-E138D3FD1AEA.jpeg

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
“Sound” lad in the capri here 😂. Thanks!

Full build over on YouTube/Facebook etc as”Krisdupreysgarage”

Sierra is owned by a lad called Michael Scullion and was worked on by Ali’s Garage!

subscribed on utube it’s interesting everyone’s late nights just before the show

Gavlar

RMS Regular
View attachment 393396
Yeah it was lovely, managed to get a rolling shot of it on the way home. No idea who owns it lol
Hard taking a photo while trying to deal with dodgy wheel alignment at 70 🙈
Love the Mercedes

Build thread here

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Not to take away from the Dubshed thread, but if any RMSer witnessed the accident or has any dashcam footage of the cars involved can you please let me know. Not sure if anyone here actually did or not, but worth a try.

As said before, it was a mates sister that was hit by the Jetta, so any help much appreciated 👍🏻

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Decent show it has to be said. Some real REAL nice machinery there. Here are a couple of my favs:

The quality of cars inside just keeps getting better, it was great to see a mixed variety of makes and styles of mods.

Absolutely class day. Amazing cars. Got speaking to lots of people and drove the woman insane but didn't get talking to everyone I wanted to. Got some cleaning stuff from Sam's Detailing and a toastie from the cafe, well enjoyed it.

I had a great time there, I only decided to enter the Civic last minute and it was a big rush getting things ready in time, decided to refurb things only a few days before the show. It was worth the effort though. So many great cars and was so busy talking to different people on Sunday that came round before I knew it. Was great to finally put a face to the name and car of so many on here. I did find that I was much more interested in the cars in the second hall, it took me 3 times as long to see the variety of cars in there and the conversations were more interesting. Glad I avoided all traffic, there before all spectators and away after them all.

Were many owners I would have loved to talk with, but its often hard to find people at their car, I know several were looking for me but never found me. I think each car needs its own ring doorbell.

Some highlights were the 340i, the Bedford, several campers, sveral of the really clean but simple MK2 Golfs, Green Supra, several of the Oldschool Celicas, Pretty much all the cars on the JDM Legends stand, the old Starlet, some nice Glanzas, @cauld1 e34, The Mint red Corrado and many others I've missed.

Didn't take many photos, because as you can see I can get much better ones from other with better cameras and more skills.

Fantastic show, some serious motors there. For me, this civic was the star, exceptional, very tastefully done.

I can’t even remember all the cars I liked. Surprisingly there was a grey Clio which I thought was amazing looking. That purple Toledo was really nice too. Loved the wee Fiat Uno. @Reno_LV ’s S2000 and @EF Ian ‘a Civic are always perfect in my eyes, that old 6-Series(?), the Nogaro blue B5 S4, @Zach57 ’s GR, @carmad. ‘s Ha and the green Supra. Plenty more I know I’ve forgotten.

Thanks Guys

I was surprised to see such a high interest in the Civic, it was really well received, many people saying they have been looking for one without success. I'll drop an update on this soon. At the end of this year I'll have owned it for 16 years, but I still love it, did 50 fun miles in it this evening and its still puts a smile on my face, 8500 never gets boring.

really over the moon i never ever thought that what we where doing in our wee shed would ever amount to anything 😳
That thing is class

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
We have just published - If you made your way to the Eikon Exhibition Centre near Lisburn last weekend for Dubshed, then there's one thing for sure.  You missed something.  

Northern Ireland's largest and one of its longest running motoring events, this year's Dubshed showcased over seven hundred cars, both inside and outside Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Finally feeling half normal after last weekend and can face posting in here again.

Thanks as ever to everyone who supported the show be it as a spectator, trader, having a car on show, photographer or in any other way.

It's always great to catch up with everyone and even meet a few new people from the forum.

As per every other year, any and all feedback is much appreciated and is taken onboard for next year.

I finally compiled the winners list from our stage display and I'm sure you'll recognise a number of the cars from RMS.

We tried something different with the trophies this year and based them on the old optional digital (digifiz) dashes from the mk2 Golf. @Bono872 from The ShortShift was given the brief and totally nailed it imo.

So here we go:
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg

Connor

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
The trophies are fantastic, no doubt inspired by a UR Quattro LCD Dash.
Close Andy. Digifiz from the mk2 Golf.

images (2).jpeg

02.jpg

The biggest issue now is trying to come up with something better next year 🤣

Also, if anyone would like to hear some behind the scenes chat of Dubshed from 3 burnt out organisers, check out this Wednesday's episode of Reload Podcast *shameless plug 👀*

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Those trophies are brilliant. How you picked 40 cars from what was on offer must have been extremely hard given the quality on show. Although most of my favourites made it. The Green Polo 6n is so subtle and looked superb, it was also one of my sons teachers.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Those trophies are brilliant. How you picked 40 cars from what was on offer must have been extremely hard given the quality on show. Although most of my favourites made it. The Green Polo 6n is so subtle and looked superb, it was also one of my sons teachers.
Yeah Graham is a teacher. I duno what he's like in that role but he's a nice guy on the show scene. That polo of his has improved leaps and bounds every year which I love to see.

Judging was genuinely brutal this year. It was the most difficult I can remember in a while.

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Judging is always going to be difficult and will always generate "discussion" as everyone has their own thoughts and opinions. I like that you have a simple top 40 as opposed to loads of diferent categories ie best paint, best wheels etc.

No idea if he's a good teacher but he's my son's fave teacher 🤣 they end up chatting about cars in class all the time 🤦🤣

Kris Duprey

RMS Regular
Drives
Capri 2.9 TT
As always, excellent event. Great to spend the weekend chatting to likeminded folk and it really gave me a kick up the ass to get the car ready for the 2023 season.

Some photos below! Loved the Mercedes and Fiat, and the green golf was probably my favorite there, attention to detail was excellent!

Kris

View attachment 393294View attachment 393296View attachment 393297View attachment 393298View attachment 393305View attachment 393306
For anyone that saw the blue Capri at the show, its now up for sale due to wanting to release funds to build a workshop.

It is over in the classifieds!

Thanks

Kris

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
For anyone that saw the blue Capri at the show, its now up for sale due to wanting to release funds to build a workshop.

It is over in the classifieds!

Thanks

Kris

i seen you vid and can understand why your selling i wish i had a shed at the house 👍