Dubshed 2024

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
£25 quid for a weekend pass is value in my opinion. Variety, quality and its well run.

Yup traffic is a pain but is what it is and location is tricky.

If we lost dubshed the same folks complaining about the cost and traffic would most likely be complaining about nothing decent being on

browne174

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Brillant, another go at the flat 4 Porsche. Very imaginative of you to copy the other comments.

Proper traffic management would actually help, I go to an event in the Cotswolds every year which has visitors of 100K to 150k and I have never sat in traffic for more than 30 minutes. And the roads there are far more rural than Lisburn.

With regards to the Balmoral show, can't think of much worse. Bunch of culchies looking at tractors, and picking what cow or sheep they fancy the most.

It was Blackheath actually, never been to Dundalk and never likely to be.
Gets upset at cheap digs against you're choice of car, proceeds to make cheap dig at the agriculture sector for enjoying a day out? Grow up.

Unfortunately the Eikon doesn't keep extra road networks in their storage so there's not an awful lot the organisers can do, especially if there is an RTC outside the venue.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Completely understand why its £25, but tbh I think its very much on the expensive side and I assume the organisers recognise that by having it as a weekend ticket to add some value.

Pretending it isn't quite a lot of money and slagging anyone that says it is off, is just being blind and ignorant imo.

I probably will still go as didn't last year and it should be good, gd to see there's a decent few cars off here going to be there as well.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Gets upset at cheap digs against you're choice of car, proceeds to make cheap dig at the agriculture sector for enjoying a day out? Grow up.

Unfortunately the Eikon doesn't keep extra road networks in their storage so there's not an awful lot the organisers can do, especially if there is an RTC outside the venue.

You must be mixing me up with someone else.

And it's your choice of car, not you're.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
IMG_5478.png

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
... I wonder how many indoor cars are daily driven through the winter!
I doubt I'll even get my car into a big show even after it's resprayed. It'll be a lot cleaner for sure but my car is too well enjoyed to meet those standards, and I'm fine with it😂 I just enjoy driving the thing. But I'm glad there are others who go to mad lengths because it's good to see the effort gone into these cars.
Hi! My car is driven all over the UK and gets stonechipped then fixed and chipped again. I used to use it as a daily to the shops etc too, but now off the road for an engine change.

As a side note lol at the bickering over price and queues of the show. Very sad 🤣.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Hi! My car is driven all over the UK and gets stonechipped then fixed and chipped again. I used to use it as a daily to the shops etc too, but now off the road for an engine change.

As a side note lol at the bickering over price and queues of the show. Very sad 🤣.
Will it be ready for dubshed?

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13

I'm glad, that's what they're for! I just don't have the budget to do that😂 .. I'm very much adopting Magnus Walkers approach of rough and ready but enjoyable to drive. It's hard enough keeping on top of an old car just to keep it running, I genuinely don't know how people do it! .. I need a better job😂

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I'm glad, that's what they're for! I just don't have the budget to do that😂 .. I'm very much adopting Magnus Walkers approach of rough and ready but enjoyable to drive. It's hard enough keeping on top of an old car just to keep it running, I genuinely don't know how people do it! .. I need a better job😂
Haven’t seen it in real life but I love the needing painted look of your car, that age, jap and fairly standard suits a patina style look I think.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Haven’t checked in in a while 😂
Ive done nothing for a month or 2 but have the airbox due to arrive tomorrow so that should be motivating!

I've just sacrificed other things tbh and have a friendly painter/do most things at home. I can guarantee that your car is massively better finished than most other cars!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Haven’t seen it in real life but I love the needing painted look of your car, that age, jap and fairly standard suits a patina style look I think.
If you've ever seen any of Magnus Walkers cars, he has that kind of approach.. albeit his cars are old Porsches and they look classy lol .. but my car definitely needs proper attention at this point though.

Some parts are down to metal and I've touched them in with a colour thats completely off, cracked skirts and bumper, runs on the spoiler where it was badly resprayed. But I've got some wee mircro bubbles in the paint on the roof now and it's pushing me to get it done sooner rather than later... but money. I've still the front lip and rear spats to go on too! Actually looking forward to having it sitting how it should look in my head - 2tone! But for now I'm just enjoying driving it!