Ducati Panigale 899

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Hello!

This is my 2015 Ducati Panigale 899. It was a one owner bike from new, with just over 4k miles on the clock. The previous owner purchased it in December 2015, and believed it to be the last, or one of the last 899s sold brand new in the UK.

The previous owner spared no expense and had it fitted with a ton of Ducati Performance extras. It’s also loaded with R&G crash protection, full PPF, and of course the mental Termignoni cans.

I’ve just had it down to a mates house today to give it a proper clean and polish. There’s some PPF I’d like replaced as there’s a couple of little dings from stones but that can wait until after the Summer.

Other than the PPF, all I have planned for it is to get my private reg on in the coming days and to enjoy it!

IMG_9803.jpeg

IMG_9802.jpeg

IMG_9804.jpeg

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Tried to talk myself into the white one AH Superbikes had for a long time but my head ruled my heart and I ended up with the MT-10 as I knew my carpal tunnel would be horrendous with the drop bars.
I’m in Newcastle most Sundays, if you’re down I’ll say hi!

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
Tried to talk myself into the white one AH Superbikes had for a long time but my head ruled my heart and I ended up with the MT-10 as I knew my carpal tunnel would be horrendous with the drop bars.
I’m in Newcastle most Sundays, if you’re down I’ll say hi!

Yeah, they wouldn’t be the most comfortable bike in the world!

MT-10s are gorgeous - do you have a thread on it? I’ll be sure to keep an eye out next time I’m down that direction!

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
Absolutely stunning, how do you find it compared to the 401?
Cheers!

They do share some similarities, primarily the seating position and both having a quickshifter - the Panigale would be slightly more comfortable due to having the upgraded seat. The Vitpilen seems a bit more basic when it comes to rider aids, and you don't have as much control over their settings - but as it only has around 42bhp it doesn't hugely matter. As I'm in East Belfast I would do a lot of town riding which the Vitpilen is more suited for.

I've found myself riding the Panigale around in Wet mode when in town, which beefs up the rider aids and limits the bhp to around 100bhp, mainly because on either Sport and Race mode the throttle would be quite snatchy at slower speeds. The Panigale also gets very hot due to the routing of the exhaust under the seat, it gets pretty toasty which isn't ideal on a hot day pootling around town.

I never felt the 401 was lacking power, it would happily accelerate all the way up to it's top speed and then run out of steam. The Panigale will do the Vitpilen's top speed in 3rd gear, and get there in a matter of seconds so it feels like a missile in comparison.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Interesting. My dad has a 701 enduro and I only managed about 10 miles before I had to get off it as the seat was that hard, maybe an Husqvarna trait.

You have a lot more options with the Panigale, quick, comfortable and it's stunning. Might see you about at some stage, I'm only in Comber but would ride into town for work the odd day during the week.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
Interesting. My dad has a 701 enduro and I only managed about 10 miles before I had to get off it as the seat was that hard, maybe an Husqvarna trait.

You have a lot more options with the Panigale, quick, comfortable and it's stunning. Might see you about at some stage, I'm only in Comber but would ride into town for work the odd day during the week.

Could well be, the seat on the 401 is like a board.

Absolutely. I'll be out on this most days whilst this weather lasts.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Yeah, they wouldn’t be the most comfortable bike in the world!

MT-10s are gorgeous - do you have a thread on it? I’ll be sure to keep an eye out next time I’m down that direction!
No thread on it as I have never done anything with it really, couple of pics about the forum is the height of it!
I’ll give you a go on mine if you give me a go on yours 😏😂

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
No thread on it as I have never done anything with it really, couple of pics about the forum is the height of it!
I’ll give you a go on mine if you give me a go on yours 😏😂
I may well take you up on that!

Lee

RMS Regular
Stunning. I always had a hankering for an 899, they are beautiful to look at, and with 150ish bhp, I imagine a nice amount of power for the road.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Class. I'm now a Ducati convert since buying my 1200S 🤌🏻 Best mod I've done since buying mine was fitting the throttle spacers as the slack in the throttle tube was doing my head in from I bought it. PS, DO NOT LOOK UP ILMBERGER 🤣🤣

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
Class. I'm now a Ducati convert since buying my 1200S 🤌🏻 Best mod I've done since buying mine was fitting the throttle spacers as the slack in the throttle tube was doing my head in from I bought it. PS, DO NOT LOOK UP ILMBERGER 🤣🤣

Cheers! It's still early days for me but I think I might be a convert too - there's just something special about them. It's the first bike I've had where I've been going out on it for no reason whatsoever. I had heard about the play in the throttle, but thankfully the previous owner had the spacer already fitted. Your Monster is a beauty (y)

I couldn't not look up Ilmberger after that FFS 🤣

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Such a gorgeous bike.

I do fancy having a Ducati sometime, but I don't like to spend big money on my bikes.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
Got round to fitting my Quadlock today, had to go with the fork stem mount as there isn’t enough room for my old handlebar mount on the bars. Unfortunately it wasn’t as straightforward to fit as I assumed, and I had to order a couple of adapters as Yodel kindly lost the first in transit. Also forgot to take my vibration dampener with me to fit it so that’s a job for next time I’m round at the lock-up.

IMG_0789.jpeg

The only other plan this Summer is to replace the PPF and fit some aftermarket grips. Any recommendations for PPF fitters welcome!