E-trax Moira

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Anyone else been?

I was up a couple of weeks ago and had great craic at it. Proper electric motocross bikes, I've never been on one before but very easy to ride and even the non riders in our group had a blast.

£36 for 3 x 10 minute sessions which equates to almost 30 laps. Doesn't sound much but I can tell you i felt it by the end.

Might be worth a RMS bikers meet up sometime over the winter when we've all put our road bikes in for hibernation!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Couple of my mates have been who ride moto-x and they loved it. I'm thinking of heading down with a load of mates for the craic.

Dusty

RMS Regular
OP
Dusty
Drives
Honda CR-V
Forgot to mention, they provided everything we needed in terms of gear. There's also a cafe upstairs with a decent viewing gallery.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yep, I'd love to give it a go! Been meaning to go but never had time, good to see so much positive feedback about it

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Yep it's great! Did it a few weeks ago, near broke my collar bone coming off but that wouldn't stop me going again!

Takes a bit of getting used to coming from a road bike though, top tip, don't use the front brake!

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Mx......Use both brakes 50/50
Road.......forget the back brake, well, a wee dab to clean the rust

Etrax is great, I've just watched at it and it's dull to watch but that's as the place is nearly silent. They where too busy the day I went, Have to get out at it.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Friend of mine works in it and we were there a few weeks ago. We are all very competent road riders with track experience too and all that means nothing on the dirt.

We all skirted round the low 50s Mark and only 1 lad did a 49s. It's mental to think the quickest lap time there is a 39s.

I'm up for an RMS day at it.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
One of my work mates was at it last night and thought it was great. He's mostly into trials but has had a lot of bikes mostly road and a fireblade for the track. Never done mx before.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
This is epic craic. At the end of my first 10 min session I didn't think I'd have the energy to go out another 2 times.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Trying to do this once a month, really love it. Off peak is a bargain at £24 for the 3 X 10 min sessions. Mode 2 on these bikes makes them a different animal .

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Trying to do this once a month, really love it. Off peak is a bargain at £24 for the 3 X 10 min sessions. Mode 2 on these bikes makes them a different animal .

Didn't know it was that cheap off peak, may head over tomorrow for a wee blast!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
RMS day would be great. I managed to get a personal best 43.5 last wednesday, 39s in incredible. Could get the times down if the pressure was let out of the tyres, they must be about 40 psi.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.