e30 325 info

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bob

RMS Regular
Wouldn't say its ***** :?: 318iS, 4cylinder with 140bhp, a good motor too but imho if your not going for a sport go back to the bora idea.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
gixerboy said:
areofall said:
2.8i special capri She'll go round as well as a beamer!
Don't think so lad!! :lol:
Yes they do have a LSD but a longer wheelbase and 30bhp less!!

Not true. A 2.8 Capri has 160 bhp, whereas a 325 has 171bhp. A good going 2.8 is every bit as quick if not quicker than a 325(from personal experience) and will go round every bit as well

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Not a Sport as such, but there was a 318is which used (strange for BMW) a 1.8 16v engine. Power was somewhere around the 136bhp mark with 0-60 just over 9 secs. Its actually very close to the 6-cylinder 320 in terms of performance, though the later fuel injected 320i had a lot mroe power.

Like most BMW 'is' models, it had a LSD and certain differences in the interior and exterior. It was dechromed and had a front spoiler, and mtech kit was optional. It had an Mtech suspension like the 325i Sport. Would probably be my second choice if a 325 Sport couldn't be got. Holds its value well too despite what Mk3 lad thinks, you'll pay £2k for a decent one.

Gaz

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
ohh, these are sounding tempting too. no such luck finding one but.

what about the mileage issue, is there an upper limit i should avoid? ive seen ones with 190k. will they just run and run forever??

Jason

RMS Regular
bob said:
Wouldn't say its ***** :?: 318iS, 4cylinder with 140bhp, a good motor too but imho if your not going for a sport go back to the bora idea.
iv a e36 one here, it has no diff and is sloooow

Baz C

Banned
MK3 Lad said:
bob said:
iv a e36 one here, it has no diff and is sloooow

will it wud be slow without a diff, u sure it doesn't have a diff? :roll:

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
E36 318's arent as quick as an E30 318iS. Less power and more weight. An E30 318iS is a very good car, and had alot of special engine parts. Best of the lot has to be the E30 325iX (4wheel drive 325), which is rarer than a very rare thing.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
They were left hand drive only, and quicker to 60mph than the 2wd one. I've only ever seen one.

Jason

RMS Regular
munich legends over in england seem to have near enuff every e30 m3 in the country and all the special ones

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Aye they have some class cars. I'd take an E30 M3 Evo over any other car. Best BMW ever :laughing:

big cyril

RMS Regular
There was also a 320is left hand drive only made for the Italian market which is supposed to be excellent.
We're getting into anoraking here.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
big cyril said:
There was also a 320is left hand drive only made for the Italian market which is supposed to be excellent.

yes, 190bhp iirc, there was a black one in the trader a few weeks ago.
definitely not all E30 318iS had LSD as standard.

go for a sport, with leather and alpinas, should see 180k miles no probs, but buy one from england as you don't want an overpriced one that some cowboy over here has been doing circles in every day. wait until you're an old man then get a bora

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
big cyril said:

With a short-stroke M3 engine.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
ok, lets forget about 318's and focus on 325's please!

any more advice on insurance? and where to source a good one? i was on the bmw car club, but not many there

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
cheers bob, ill have a duke

theres an "immaculate" white on, with scorpion exhaust, CAT1 alarm and standard bbs wheels + suspension, with 88k for £2850 :?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
auto trader and ebay and usual sources there are some very straight an genuine one still left...was searchin for one meself b4 i found the cav...funny how i cudnt get quote on one yet they wudnt charge extra to change to cav turbo lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
admiral is the only place ive tried, and they're £1600 3rd party

i need more power :worried:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
thats not a bad quote...not try elephant for online quik an easy quote see how they compare?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.